Bob Bob is offline

Default Joe v. STCW Dreams up in smoke

Joe:

Significant changes to USCG licensing structure are looming. Its gonna
b a train wreck 4 ya.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-26821.pdf

For example, They are dropping the 500 GRT Master/Mate.
Its going to be 200 GRT or 1600 GRT M/M

ALso,

"..............Adds the requirement that applicants for an
endorsement as master must be qualified
as mate & OICNW for vessels of 200 GRT/500 GT or more.

Provides consistency with STCW Convention
requirements that all persons seeking management-
level endorsements qualify as OICNW for vessels of 200 GRT/500 GT or
more. See Regulation II/2 of the STCW
Convention........."

Earlier you mentioned that you were just gonna do some time on larger
tonnage and upgrade your 100 GRT Master. Well, that just aint going to
happen with out OICNW as in STCW. That is unless youre sticking to
Inland/GL. Looks like your stuck as 199.9 ton master at best....
maybe! Read closely, I didnt but that option may be gone too, IDK.

Have fun and remember what they do in the bayou...... up grade early
and often!
Bob

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:40:43 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

[...]

My Master's ticket says:

"The holder of this license meets the STCW 1995 regulations without
further endorsement."

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 21, 8:40*pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

I have a 16,000 GRT M/M . It was a 1000 tn but grandfathered into the
1600.
It's been expired for some years now.

As I said I have no desire or need of anything over 100 tons now, or
for the next 10 years most likely.

Why are you so bothered and frustrated and concerned?

If you feel you have the need to brag about STCW, BFD's, on OICNW, and
some other SNAFU, on some POS, jr AB 4U2 get anywhere with tell it to
someone who might give a rats ass.

You are acting like I need to get back offshore on a work boat. I have
no desire to get back in the patch.... period.... BOB. I'll do my
work sailing past the patch and visiting exotic ports full of
adventure and good coffee. The fishings better, the sights are better,
the work is better, the boat will be nicer, I like the boss, foods as
good
, coffees way better,and it will pay more.

Thanks for caring so much....

Joe

Why diesels smoke Frogwatch General 3 July 25th 09 03:45 PM
oil and smoke [email protected] General 4 July 3rd 07 05:18 AM
2-cycle oil and smoke Tom Treadway General 23 June 21st 04 08:50 PM
Smoke on the water... Rich Stern General 5 July 21st 03 04:16 PM