Default Do you love to read but have limited room for books on your yacht.

Do you love to read but have limited room aboard your yacht for a bunch of
heavy books?

I have the answer: It's called the Amazon Kindle.
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles.../dp/B00154JDAI

I got the six-inch version last month and I love it. It has built-in free 3G
connectivity so you can browse the Kindle Bookstore where you can download
any of about 350,000 books. When you buy one you also set up your account
where downloads are automatically debited from your credit or debit card.
Best sellers are about nine buck. Older books cheaper. They download in less
than a minute unless you have a really weak connection.

You account also places any Kindle books you buy on the Amazon servers so if
you want to delete them off your Kindle they are still available for later
downloading. The six-inch Kindle's memory stores about 1,500 normal size
books. The display is some sort of virtual paper technology that doesn't use
any power once the type is set. It reads great even with the sun shining
directly on it. At night you have to use a reading lamp of some sort as it
has no backlighting. Turning pages is the only time the battery
(rechargeable lith-ion) is used when reading. You can also turn off the 3G
connectivity when reading to save more power with the radio off. Mine lasts
about two weeks on a charge and this is with reading 2-5 hours a day. It
reads just like a paperback book and if your eyes aren't so good you can
even make the font larger and make the width smaller for easier reading so
you don't have to squint or move your eyes back and forth as much. I find
myself almost speed reading.

It has a built in Oxford American dictionary and if you run across a word
you don't know just move the curser in front of it and the dictionary pops
up at the bottom of the page with the definition. It's got many other useful
features explained on the link above.

Imagine 1,500 books in the palm of your hand with the ability to shop the
store and search for your favorite books and download them on the spot.

It's the greatest thing since sex.

--
Gregory Hall

Funny! Wilbur posts a technology recommendation, then signs it
"Gregory Hall". He got his sock puppets confused. LOL! Sign the
card yet Gregbur? LOL!

"pirate" wrote in message
Funny! Wilbur posts a technology recommendation, then signs it
"Gregory Hall". He got his sock puppets confused. LOL! Sign the
card yet Gregbur? LOL!

You dummy! That WAS Gregory Hall. He likes to spoof me, Wilbur Hubbard, but
he can't spoof my account. You can tell Gregory Hall because he uses
altopia. I, Wilbur Hubbard, use Octanews. Duh!

Wilbur Hubbard

Funny! *Wilbur posts a technology recommendation, then signs it
"Gregory Hall". *He got his sock puppets confused. *LOL! * Sign the
card yet Gregbur? *LOL!

You dummy! That WAS Gregory Hall. He likes to spoof me, Wilbur Hubbard, but
he can't spoof my account. You can tell Gregory Hall because he uses
altopia. I, Wilbur Hubbard, use Octanews. Duh!

Wilbur Hubbard

Nice try! Interesting why you go to so much trouble. You must really
lead a depressing life! Sign the card.

You You is offline

In article s.com,

From: "Wilbur Hubbard"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:05:28 -0500

Do you love to read but have limited room aboard your yacht for a bunch of
heavy books?

I have the answer: It's called the Amazon Kindle.
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles.../dp/B00154JDAI

SNIPPED for brevity

It's the greatest thing since sex.

--
Gregory Hall

GEE, Willburr, Looks like you're full of **** again..... just look at
the Path:....
Path:s02-b73!npeersf01.iad.highwinds-media.com!npeer01.iad.highwinds-med
ia.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.co
m!news2.glorb.com!news-out.octanews.net!indigo.octanews.net!auth.beige.oc
tanews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: "Wilbur Hubbard"

Even a Morooon (Bugs Bunny Definition) like you, can Read the Headers...
Which Server was the Point of Origin, could it be.......
auth.beige.octanews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
That is Octanews.com, Riiight?????

Busted, Again... Geeze Louise, What a Dufus....

"You" wrote in message
In article s.com,

From: "Wilbur Hubbard"

Even a Morooon (Bugs Bunny Definition) like you, can Read the Headers...
Which Server was the Point of Origin, could it be.......
auth.beige.octanews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
That is Octanews.com, Riiight?????

Busted, Again... Geeze Louise, What a Dufus....

Well I'll be damned. Now that sum bitch, he's forging my headers. Preloading
the path. I guess I'll have to report him to altopia and see if they don't
boot his sorry ass.

Wilbur Hubbard