Default Nippers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wilbur Hubbard"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:26 PM
Subject: Marsh Harbor+Green Turtle (was) Volvo 2000 Diesel Stuck.

Be sure to visit Nippers on Great Guana. The frozen Nipper will knock you
right on your lubber arse. And the scenery is great.

Wilbur Hubbard

Hah!

I'm a non-drinker (that is, I don't, other than extremely rarely, ever have
alcohol) and found it refreshing. One with dinner couple days ago and a
couple with lunch yesterday. Beat Lydia's Goombay by a mile; she agreed and
had the freeze yesterday...

The "reef(s)" were extremely disappointing compared to the buildup given
them by the cruising guide(s). We snorkeled the reef off the small cay with
the hut (Russel Baldwin? Cay with Low Fall?), under Fowl couple days ago,
and off Fowl today (see our spot page). Spectacular. Nice view, too, and
nice beach. Not dramatically different from the one off Hopetown's ferry
dock, though, much closer (we walked back yesterday, a hike to Bakers Bay).

Pretty pricey, but we'll likely not be back for a long time, so we splurged
on the couple meals there, and enjoyed the nipmobile 3 out of 4 times,
Albury having gone missing all afternoon when we tried to get back yesterday
:{/)

How did this migrate to a thread on stuck diesels ??

L8R

Skip and Lydia, gotta go back to MH tomorrow to maybe see a dermo (checkup)
and be ready for my son to leave Sat AM

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:46:42 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Spectacular. Nice view, too, and
nice beach. Not dramatically different from the one off Hopetown's ferry
dock, though, much closer (we walked back yesterday, a hike to Bakers Bay).

The "view" gets considerably better during the Sunday afternoon pig
roast or around the time of spring break.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9682/...natnippers.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2...gatnippers.jpg

BTW, my new WiFi set up from IslandtimePC.com is up and working on the
boat. It is exceeding my expectations, far and away the best I've
had so far. Kudos to Bob Stewart, and thanks to you spreading the
word.

wrote:

Spectacular. Nice view, too, and
nice beach. Not dramatically different from the one off Hopetown's ferry
dock, though, much closer (we walked back yesterday, a hike to Bakers
Bay).

The "view" gets considerably better during the Sunday afternoon pig
roast or around the time of spring break.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9682/...natnippers.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2...gatnippers.jpg

Ya, we saw a bit of that on our first visit. That flat rock in the pic was
where I stowed my hat, sunnies and crocs while I snorkeled.

However, I much preferred the "view" over the hill at Hopetown, where a
young mother and her kids were playing in the surf. I didn't take pix out
of courtesy :{)) - and besides, it's a little like National Geographic -
seeing exotic sights but not likely to experience them firsthand :{))

BTW, my new WiFi set up from IslandtimePC.com is up and working on the
boat. It is exceeding my expectations, far and away the best I've
had so far. Kudos to Bob Stewart, and thanks to you spreading the
word.

Glad you like it. I sure like mine. Latest scan I did and captured, off
Bakers Bay (look for "Nippers shrunk" - because it's too tall to fit in a
single screen! and I had to use the zoom to get it all without "sliders" on
the side - in the galleries under WiFi when I get that one up), was 54
sites. Near Hopetown, somewhat fewer (maybe 40), and my previous AP in MH,
Bahamas WiMax, must have been a startup testing their system, as it's now
gone subscription. I'm on another site at the moment, voice grade (just got
the phone call allowing our appointment), but no guarantees as we move down
island. Of course, I'd have expected nothing much in the tiny cays we've
been visiting, too, but it's always been usable since before we cleared
customs, and usually stellar.

Still way behind on my pix, but about to get the last couple of refit
galleries up. After that we'll be able to do some local travel shots, which
will include the underwater sights as well. If our success with WiFi
continues, we'll be able to upload all those relatively large files (couple
to tens of megs per gallery cuz I use a compression program to cut the size)
easily...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, with confirmed dermo appointments for 3:30 in MH so we'll
have to pick up the hook and sail shortly...