Default Boats in films - Truman show.

Does anyone know what the little boat is that uses to sail out of the
show? It's very pretty. Reminds me a bit of a Stonehorse, but it's got
side-decks that go all the way aft (and for'd - unlike the Stonehorse).

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Justin C wrote:
Does anyone know what the little boat is that uses to sail out of the
show? It's very pretty. Reminds me a bit of a Stonehorse, but it's got
side-decks that go all the way aft (and for'd - unlike the Stonehorse).

Justin.

The following URL says the boat in the Truman Show was a 25" Friendship
Sloop. The Friendship Slope was the type of boat Joe Richards wrote
about in his book "Princess New York". The original boats were built in
the 1890's. If you have not read the book it is one of the greatest
books about boats ever written (My Opinion)

I believe this answers your question.

http://www.fss.org/2005yearbook.pd

There are two entries for the Truman Show.

135 HATSEY 25’ Newman(P07)Morris 1973 Demolished while filming The
Truman Show in Hollywood CA

To happy memories aboard your Friendship From Kate & Steve Hughes
Osprey # 138 (As filmed in the movie Truman Show)
mmc mmc is offline

"Justin C" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the little boat is that uses to sail out of the
show? It's very pretty. Reminds me a bit of a Stonehorse, but it's got
side-decks that go all the way aft (and for'd - unlike the Stonehorse).

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

found a pic but not very good.
www.flickr.com/photos/41008370@N06/3774669871/

mmc wrote:
"Justin C" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the little boat is that uses to sail out of the
show? It's very pretty. Reminds me a bit of a Stonehorse, but it's got
side-decks that go all the way aft (and for'd - unlike the Stonehorse).

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

found a pic but not very good.
www.flickr.com/photos/41008370@N06/3774669871/

If you are looking for pictures of the Friendship sloops or would like
more information about the boats. Check
http://www.fss.org/

I have always admired the boat, but could never afford one.
Jim Jim is offline

Justin C wrote:
Does anyone know what the little boat is that uses to sail out of the
show? It's very pretty. Reminds me a bit of a Stonehorse, but it's got
side-decks that go all the way aft (and for'd - unlike the Stonehorse).

Justin.

They made a lousy movie out of an interesting idea. Not everyone can
ruin a good idea as well as they did.

In article , Keith Nuttle wrote:
Justin C wrote:
[...]

Ah, now I know. I can see why they didn't show many shots from in front
of the boat it's got an ugly clipper bow. The rest of it is gorgeous
though.

Thanks for link.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Justin C wrote:
[...]

As a bit of idle information there is a Friendship Sloop anchored in
Chalong Bay, Phuket, Thailand. Built in Singapore and belonging to a
boat builder (who specializes in Warram Cats) who originated in
Liechtenstein.

A boat that originated in Miscongus Bay, Maine, built in Singapore and
owned by a bloke from Liechtenstein. Now that is a well traveled
design :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Justin C wrote:
[...]

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. The curve bow (clipper bow) with
the long bowsprit is what I think makes the boat so attractive. It is
like some cars, they look like they are going fast when they are
standing still.

wrote:

Ah, now I know. I can see why they didn't show many shots from in front
of the boat

The clipper bow looked OK on the Bismarck, not to mention Flying
Cloud and a few others. Too bad they ****ed it up.

Casady

It looked to me like a Herresmhoff Eagle----Michael Stocks

Harry Truman Lu Powell[_8_] General 2 September 15th 09 09:46 PM
Ice covered boats slide show.... Ellen MacArthur General 23 January 22nd 07 11:59 AM
Ice covered boats slide show.... Ellen MacArthur Cruising 17 January 22nd 07 08:51 AM
FS: Boats at Boat Show in NY Capt. Rob Marketplace 1 August 12th 06 11:45 AM