Default NOTHING is better than sailing!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

They get better as they get
older!http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1138424/Florenceatthehelm.jpg

Cute little girl!

What boat is that with the wheel on one side?

She's a Beneteau 50, 1980's vintage, built by Bemeteau Florida, 2 wheels. My
grand-daughter is using the starboard wheel (and there was no-one on the
port wheel!). These Florida-built 50's were better, in my opinion, than the
French-built Beneteau's.

Dennis.

RB
35s5
NY

On Jun 17, 12:55*pm, "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

They get better as they get
older!http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1138424/Florenceatthehelm.jpg

Cute little girl!

What boat is that with the wheel on one side?

She's a Beneteau 50, 1980's vintage, built by Bemeteau Florida, 2 wheels. My
grand-daughter is using the starboard wheel (and there was no-one on the
port wheel!). These Florida-built 50's were better, in my opinion, than the
French-built Beneteau's.

Dennis.

RB
35s5
NY

Interesting boat....I was not aware of the earlier version of the 50.
And...cute girl!

You can see our 35s5 at her website.....
http://heartofgold35s5.synthasite.com/

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:55:57 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

These Florida-built 50's were better, in my opinion, than the
French-built Beneteau's.

You ever check out a French auto? The FF screw up nearly everything
mechanical more complicated than a wine press. [And, I understand, all
of those are now German.]

Casady

wrote:

These Florida-built 50's were better, in my opinion, than the
French-built Beneteau's.

You ever check out a French auto? The FF screw up nearly everything
mechanical more complicated than a wine press. [And, I understand, all
of those are now German.]

Casady

Some of the French-built boats (pre-1990) are excellent. I sail occasionally
on a Beneteau First 40.5, and think she is the best Beneteau I have sailed
on. Ticks all the boxes, and is a joy to sail.

The Florida-built 50's, usually with winged keel and shallow draft, are
finished to a very high standard, certainly comparable to many "classic"
yachts from Scandinavian builders, most of whom have now gone bust.

Dennis.