Default Diesel fumes bad for the heart as well as for the brain . . .

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=83833

You stupid people in your diesel boats breathing these dangerous fumes for
long periods of time. This may well have been what caused Dave (the lawyer)
to expire.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:34:18 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=83833

You stupid people in your diesel boats breathing these dangerous fumes for
long periods of time. This may well have been what caused Dave (the lawyer)
to expire.

I'm wondering why anyone would purposefully inhale diesel fumes for
long periods of time. The very noticeable smell of diesel exhaust
would make it obvious to anyone exposed to it to go get some fresh
air.

Now contrast that with gasoline engine exhaust, which is mostly
oderless... at least not enough odor to wake you up if you're sleeping
like diesel will. Gasoline exhaust will just keep you sleeping,
permanently.

So if I had my choice as to which type of exhaust to be exposed to, it
would be diesel all the way. That is, unless I was trying to commit
suicide.

I know you're just trolling, but this subject is important enough to
respond to.

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps, if you feel it deserves discussion, you should start a
legitimate thread about the subject rather than replying to a troll.

"Steve" wrote in message
troll sh*t removed
I'm wondering why anyone would purposefully inhale diesel fumes for
long periods of time. The very noticeable smell of diesel exhaust
would make it obvious to anyone exposed to it to go get some fresh
air.

Now contrast that with gasoline engine exhaust, which is mostly
oderless... at least not enough odor to wake you up if you're sleeping
like diesel will. Gasoline exhaust will just keep you sleeping,
permanently.

So if I had my choice as to which type of exhaust to be exposed to, it
would be diesel all the way. That is, unless I was trying to commit
suicide.

I know you're just trolling, but this subject is important enough to
respond to.

No one would do so deliberately, of course. Any well-designed boat or anyone
with half a brain would know pretty quickly there's a problem and deal with
it. I find diesel fumes to be one of the few things that drive me to the
leeward side of the boat. If you install a carbon monoxide detector, you'll
know pretty quickly there's a problem even if you're not below.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com