Default Diesel Outboards

A outboard dealer in Singapore furnished the following URL
http://www.yanmar.com.au/marine/d_series/dseries.htm

Will check further but *heard* there was a China built diesel.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

A outboard dealer in Singapore furnished the following URL
http://www.yanmar.com.au/marine/d_series/dseries.htm

Will check further but *heard* there was a China built diesel.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

What a shame. I had the opportunity to see one in action, the 27hp. It
started easily, used very little fuel, and the boaters that owned it had
had it quite a few years with zero downtime.

Unfortunately, the dealers had it priced, in the USA, as if it were made of
Platinum and built by hand at the Rolls Royce Car Factory. So, THAT much
more than lesser outboards....it didn't sell here like they wanted.

It's very unfortunate.....great engine for a small sailboat auxiliary.

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Will check further but *heard* there was a China built diesel.

http://www.zongshenmotor.com/zongshen/www/en/top2.htm

While looking up diesel outboards, I stumbled upon:
http://duropower.com/item.asp?PID=132&FID=14&level=1

This is my 7.5KW Chinese diesel genset, which, of course, I run on a
mixture of 1 gallon mineral spirits to 50 gallons of cleaned used vegetable
oil from 3 Chinese restaurants.....free power like my old diesel Mercedes
cars and 6.5L diesel stepvan.

You can tell it's "heavy duty"....noone in my neighborhood can lift it to
steal it....(d^

Nice price! $1700 for about 7KW of diesel AC power. Laugh at Chinese, but
it starts in about 3 seconds after you use the preheater and the only thing
I've done to it since I got it was change the oil every 100 hours with
Rotella T 15W40.

Bad side effect is the neighborhood cats standing around it, sometimes.
The Chinese restaurants I get the fuel from cook a lot of fish and the fish
oil burning draws the cats like a magnet to a steel hull!

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 03:21:22 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

[...]

I assume that is an electric start engine? The Chinese build a
multitude of small diesel engines, mainly air cooled with a recoil
starters. I assume that as they keep selling them someone can start
them but I certainly can't.

Hold the compression release and they turn over all right, but when
you release it the engine just stops. Being in the middle of a
tremendous yank on the starter rope and the damned thing just stops
turning is an experience - you have to look to see whether your
fingers are still attached :-)

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

I assume that is an electric start engine? The Chinese build a
multitude of small diesel engines, mainly air cooled with a recoil
starters. I assume that as they keep selling them someone can start
them but I certainly can't.

Hold the compression release and they turn over all right, but when
you release it the engine just stops. Being in the middle of a
tremendous yank on the starter rope and the damned thing just stops
turning is an experience - you have to look to see whether your
fingers are still attached :-)

It's electric start. You need the battery to preheat it, anyways. They do
have more expensive remote-controlled models and way higher powers.

I stopped by "Pep Boys", an auto parts place, to get two windscreen wiper
blades for my stepvan truck. Cost me $1600 after I spotted the little
diesel gensets. Big mistake going into that store for wipers...(c;]

The thing is built like a tank....heavy steel, even the cabinet. Somewhere
along the distribution line, it gained a little exhaust stack that sticks
up about half a meter above it, probably to keep the cabinet from being
discolored by the blowby. Looks like a miniature 18-wheeler truck exhaust
pipe...(c;]

It's amazingly quiet for a diesel. The cabinet absorbs a lot of the
knocking noise and the big muffler works quite well on the exhaust
note...even under a good load.

400 pounds of ballast....it won't float away.

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

[...]

Question Larry, is it 3600 rpm or 1800 rpm????

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

Bruce in alaska wrote in news:fast-
:

Question Larry, is it 3600 rpm or 1800 rpm????

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

3600. Runs too smooth for 1800.

These guys have it for $1647:

http://www.southeastpowerequipment.c.../DP7500EDS-DP-
7500w-Diesel/Detail

6500 watts rated output, 7500 peak. It's only 1 cylinder.

Even the 3-cyl 22.5KW beast runs 3600 RPM:
http://www.southeastpowerequipment.c...273-Duropower-
DP22500EDS-22500w/Detail

10 gallons of diesel fuel (or your homemade) produces 20KW for 8
hours....or 10KW for 12 hours. That's a lot of power!

Hell, 20KW should plane a sailboat!....diesel electric!

I still say this is the ultimate diesel genset...6KW, 700 RPM engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfR9g...eature=related
24/7 power in Dominican Republic on 50% soybean oil, 50% kerosene....or
other suitable oils. You can put it in your will and give it to power
your grandchildren, if they survive. So rugged, so slow, few moving
parts, zero electrics, no computers. Every 30-40 years, just replace
the worn out alternator...(c;]

--
-----

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
I assume that is an electric start engine? The Chinese build a
multitude of small diesel engines, mainly air cooled with a recoil
starters. I assume that as they keep selling them someone can start
them but I certainly can't.

Hold the compression release and they turn over all right, but when
you release it the engine just stops. Being in the middle of a
tremendous yank on the starter rope and the damned thing just stops
turning is an experience - you have to look to see whether your
fingers are still attached :-)

Sounds as if it needs a heavier flywheel.

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:35:16 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
I assume that is an electric start engine? The Chinese build a
multitude of small diesel engines, mainly air cooled with a recoil
starters. I assume that as they keep selling them someone can start
them but I certainly can't.

Hold the compression release and they turn over all right, but when
you release it the engine just stops. Being in the middle of a
tremendous yank on the starter rope and the damned thing just stops
turning is an experience - you have to look to see whether your
fingers are still attached :-)

Sounds as if it needs a heavier flywheel.

I wouldn't argue with you. But they are selling them "as is" and
apparently people are buying them. the problem is on my end of the
equation - I can't figure out how to start it :-)

wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
I assume that is an electric start engine? The Chinese build a
multitude of small diesel engines, mainly air cooled with a recoil
starters. I assume that as they keep selling them someone can start
them but I certainly can't.

Hold the compression release and they turn over all right, but when
you release it the engine just stops. Being in the middle of a
tremendous yank on the starter rope and the damned thing just stops
turning is an experience - you have to look to see whether your
fingers are still attached :-)

Sounds as if it needs a heavier flywheel.

Generator is the one application with a really heavy flywheel: the
alternator. Sprint cars have no flywheel at all, but whatever.
Gardner made a 250 hp engine you could start by pulling on the
flywheel. I have started a 109 hp Graymarine with a crank. Anything
can be designed to start easily. Some engines are not, unfortunately

Casady

diesel outboards wanted damn hippie General 0 October 11th 08 06:12 AM
New diesel outboards Capt John General 29 March 15th 08 04:36 AM
Turbo Diesel Outboards HK General 9 October 28th 07 06:03 PM
"Diesel" outboards???? [email protected] General 3 November 26th 05 03:14 PM
Diesel outboards? Robert or Karen Swarts General 12 March 27th 05 03:17 PM