Default A letter from Peter

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Try a voyage from Galapagos to The Tuamotus. You may be more friendly
after you get there after 3500 miles of no one to talk ....

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I meet these hermits once in a while. I don't see how they stand
themselves! They must be suicidal. I give 'em a wide berth, so to speak.

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:20:49 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:10:17 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

24 year old daughter Lauren (recent
music degree graduate) are from Orlando Florida. I came alongside

Sailors. You gotta love 'em....(c;]

Yes. I hate going alongside or being alongside anyone. Why bother leaving
the marina if that is what you like?

Try a voyage from Galapagos to The Tuamotus. You may be more friendly
after you get there after 3500 miles of no one to talk ....

Yes, I expect you are right on that. But I would still prefer to meet them
in a bar or cross by dinghy rather than raft together.

His letter says he went along side to get anchoring information then
anchored between them and a reef...

The usual procedure would be to drift, slowly, close to another boat
and shout "Where's a good place to anchor?" They reply, "Over there"
or "Not over there, ROCKS!", or something like that. Then you go and
anchor.

I don't think I have ever seen boats in this area "raft up" as Larry
talks about. Even in Phi Phi Bay, in the high season, when you can
hardly find room to sling the pick, as the Aussies say, boats don't
seem to raft together.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

I don't think I have ever seen boats in this area "raft up" as Larry
talks about. Even in Phi Phi Bay, in the high season, when you can
hardly find room to sling the pick, as the Aussies say, boats don't
seem to raft together.

Never raft up in open waters. We raft up in creeks, isolated from
humanity. The only thing is the current, but the big anchors on the
trawler are the main stoppers. There's no waves to overcome the fenders
and break anything. It's great fun away from the city but close enough we
can enjoy the company....and the FOOD! We love the food....

It's much better than the beach. If someone girls get naked, noone gets
busted.....

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

Larry wrote in news:Xns9C18F00178738noonehomecom@
74.209.131.13:

There's no waves to overcome the fenders

Oh, the klan has also got some realistic-looking NO WAKE bouys to drop down
and upstream from the raft to slow any boat traffic to a crawl so noone's
bloody mary gets "unstable".

Some of the crabbers have come to recognize the rafting group, also, having
emptied their catch to us....cutting out the middle men, and saving them
from all those silly transportation costs. They'd much rather get back to
the dock with dollars than with crabs. See? FOOD! Gotta love it. The
group has some serious cooking equipment available.

--
-----
Larry

"Yes, ma'am. We're sorry we kept you up all night. We'll anchor much
farther away from now on if you'll just put that shotgun down, now. Thank
you." (Whew, she was ****ed!)

letter to my bank CalifBill General 0 March 16th 09 05:19 AM
A Letter from Peter BruceinBangkok Cruising 14 January 26th 09 02:02 PM
Another letter from Peter BruceinBangkok Cruising 0 January 26th 09 12:04 PM
GM CEO Letter Canuck57[_6_] General 18 January 15th 09 08:22 PM
Letter to Me! Bobsprit ASA 8 December 2nd 03 01:53 AM