Default Website for Beneteau 35s5

"Joe" wrote in message ...
OK Nellie, What's a better upwind rig for a 79 ftr with 50K lbs of
cargo? Not that I will give much merit to your opinion knowing you are
sitting on a mooring squaking about a boom repaired with old sewer
pipe that you said is "Better than original"

Let's get serious here before you waste your money and your dream on such an ill-conceived design. I checked your web site out where you had sketch drawings for you schooner that had a container on deck amidships. Dumb! Just plain dumb! You're trying to turn a sailing ship into a motorized container ship. Stupid and dysfunctional. You don't want that kind of weight on deck on a sailboat. You want in as low as possible to act as ballast.

So please redesign that abortion so the container can be lowered into the bilge amidship with some kind of waterproof sliding deck doors to cover it all up. I know why you're thinking two-masted schooner because with the container on deck amidship there is no room for a mast there.

Think out of the box boy. The main mast can double as a cargo boom. The mast can be a bipod set amidship with a roller furling main sail. A traditional Marconi rig would be best for upwind work but a bipod mast with boomless roll up mainsail would to the weatherly job almost as well. You could even consider a ketch sailplain though not as efficient upwind it is better on a reach.

Rightful place?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/...3687758d_o.jpg
USCG must be wrong huh Nellie girl?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/16...ecb6fa.jpg?v=0
Cool pilot house huh?

http://www.tweemastschoener.nl/
A bit to fancy

Ugly and they have no place on a sailboat. And the Coast Guard knows nothing about boats. Didn't they just have to recall several dozen of their latest cutters because of **** poor design?

So retard....many fine sailing ships have a pilot house. I know that's
not a priority for a putz like you who sits on the same mooring ball
for 15 plus years and watches the world go by on a 20 something ft day
sailor, but for sailor who might put 16 hours a day on the wheel it's
nice.

See what 'nice' got you on "Red Cloud." I maintain had you been using an outside helm you would not have tried to continue to bash your way to weather. You would have turned tail and run before it (prior to destroying your rudder linkage) like you should have had you been able to gauge the true force of the elements. You have to be outside for this.

You would have not met schedule but you would not have sunk your vessel either. And it's all because you were sequestered in your 'comfy' pilot house. Ask yourself what is more important. Being comfortable or being safe?

Wilbur Hubbard
Joe Joe is offline

On May 7, 9:34*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote in ...
OK Nellie, What's a better upwind rig for a 79 ftr with 50K lbs of
cargo? Not that I will give much merit to your opinion knowing you are
sitting on a mooring squaking about a boom repaired with old sewer
pipe that you said is "Better than original"

Let's get serious here before you waste your money and your dream on such an ill-conceived design. I checked your web site out where you had sketch drawings for you schooner that had a container on deck amidships. Dumb! Just plain dumb!

What? The top of the container is flush with the deck, below the
container and usefull for ballast will be 40-80 batterys providing
ballast.

[...]

I'm considering many rigs. I still have reseearch to do.

Rightful place?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/...3687758d_o.jpg
USCG must be wrong huh Nellie girl?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/16...ecb6fa.jpg?v=0
Cool pilot house huh?

http://www.tweemastschoener.nl/
A bit to fancy

Ugly and they have no place on a sailboat.

They do on a modern boat

Right...The Eagle was pre- **** poor.

So retard....many fine sailing ships have a pilot house. I know that's
not a priority for a putz like you who sits on the same mooring ball
for 15 plus years and watches the world go by on a 20 something ft day
sailor, but for sailor who might put 16 hours a day on the wheel it's
nice.

See what 'nice' got you on "Red Cloud." *I maintain had you been using an outside helm you would not have tried to continue to bash your way to weather. You would have turned tail and run before it (prior to destroying your rudder linkage) like you should have had you been able to gauge the true force of the elements. You have to be outside for this.

Neal I was all over the deck and knew the true force of the elements.
These waves were very close together with high peaks that would
explode on you. Three sister type waves that were combos of a 15 ft
set out of the NE and 30's out of the NW. Top that with a 4 kt current
heading directly N into the sets. Had I ran on a jib (A 25% bullit
proff stay) I know I would have been pooped from astern...often.

RedCloud had more of a hard dodger than a true pilot house.

You would have not met schedule but you would not have sunk your vessel either. And it's all because you were sequestered in your 'comfy' pilot house. Ask yourself what is more important. Being comfortable or being safe?

Cant I just have both?

Joe

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe, don't you understand that by actually getting out into a real sea
you did more than that pompous clown ever did? Your mission failed and
so did those of a lot of great sailors who returned for success. He
can't stand that you already did more than he ever could and have the
resolve to try again. He can't stand that you have the resources. He
can't stand that you had sex this year. He can't stand ANYONE who's
enjoying life and the water more than he, which is why he really can't
stand anyone.

Don't even bother with him, Joe. He's a small man who once owned a
small boat and never committed to anything or anyone.

Keep up your efforts. That moron's obvious jealousy and self loathing
is just another perk!

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

On Thu, 7 May 2009 20:37:51 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

Right...The Eagle was pre- **** poor.

The Eagle was originally called the "Horst Wessel", named after a Nazi
activist, and designed as a German training boat prior to WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_W...osthumous_fame