posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

Default Hey Jon! Why not start your own newsgroup?

Here's an idea. Why not start your own newsgroup? Some info, maybe dated, is
right he

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/newgroup-faq.html

You can even be the moderator of the group, set and change the rules as you
like. You can throw anyone off for any reason and say whatever you please
and be accountable to no one but yourself. I'm serious. Some possible names
for the group:

alt.sailing.usa
alt.sailnow
rec.sailing.usa
and so on.

As an added bonus I will include a pointer to your usenet group with every
Piltdown Post. I'll even help spam it to other groups. You can run it
exactly how you think a newsgroup should be run. On the opening day you
could even have Wilbur be the first one booted, I'll follow up with some
nonsensical troll and you can boot me too! It may take time to gain a
following but that doesn't say it can't become an overnight success. I'll
even throw in a few sockpuppets for you to ban just to keep the readers
entertained. What more could you want? You will be in charge. If you do it,
I will promote it in a very positive light. I can have some influence on the
people coming in, but no influence on those going out. It wouldn't cost you
a dime, just some of your time. You can advertise your services, badmouth
competitors, what ever you desire.

Give it some serious thought. You could even run a usenet group for one of
the established sailing schools/groups/clubs and get some type of discount
or benefit. It could increase your stature in the sailing community. It
would be an extension of yourself including your enthusiasm for sailing.
Completely troll free, no cowards, no neocons, no Republicans, no religious
types, no conspiracy types - only people just like you. Sounds really
compelling doesn't it? Heck, I'll send you a check for $100 if you get one
up and running for a few months. I'm absolutely serious, how about it?

"Piltdown Man" wrote in message
Here's an idea. Why not start your own newsgroup? Some info, maybe dated,
is right he

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/newgroup-faq.html

You can even be the moderator of the group, set and change the rules as
you like. You can throw anyone off for any reason and say whatever you
please and be accountable to no one but yourself. I'm serious. Some
possible names for the group:

alt.sailing.usa
alt.sailnow
rec.sailing.usa
and so on.

alt.sailing.lsd would be good.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing
You You is offline

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"Piltdown Man" wrote in message
Here's an idea. Why not start your own newsgroup? Some info, maybe dated,
is right he

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/newgroup-faq.html

You can even be the moderator of the group, set and change the rules as
you like. You can throw anyone off for any reason and say whatever you
please and be accountable to no one but yourself. I'm serious. Some
possible names for the group:

alt.sailing.usa
alt.sailnow
rec.sailing.usa
and so on.

alt.sailing.lsd would be good.

Wilbur Hubbard

Yea, and you could take "Old Wilbur" over there and give him the
audience he deserves......
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing

"You" wrote in message
snip

Yea, and you could take "Old Wilbur" over there and give him the
audience he deserves......

This guy's got problems. No need to make them worse...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Since this newsgroup is now nothing more than... hk General 67 August 10th 08 03:23 PM
Since this newsgroup is now nothing more than... [email protected] General 2 August 10th 08 12:43 AM
This newsgroup has SallyRd General 54 May 27th 05 02:22 AM
Pull start --> electric start NOSPAM General 4 September 22nd 04 12:58 PM
ASS OF THE NEWSGROUP Jonathan Ganz ASA 15 January 15th 04 06:13 AM