Chris

Default on-deck hammocks..choices?

I have always liked the thought of a hammock hanging between forestay
and mast.

My wife & I charter each year, and are looking for a very compact (no
spreader)version that would fit nicely on a OC321,and in my knapsack
for the flight to Turkey. We looked at www.hennessyhammock.com, but
they seem a little too "high performance".

Any advice or thoughts?

BTW. The hennessy hammocks DO look neat. I will order one for
camping....

Thanks
Jeff Morris

Slightly different - we have a "hammock chair" (with a bar on the top) that we
hang by the spinnaker halyard. A line goes forward and is attached to the
forestay with a "ATN Tacker" (a strap would work), and the halyard attachment
has a triple loop of shock cord so there is considerable bounce in the system.
Since we have a catamaran, the area under the chair is a 15 foot wide
trampoline, so the chair can be bounced, swung from side to side, spun up and
twirled, etc. This was a major diversion for our 5 y/o daughter while we were
traveling, and it still gets use 3 years later.

There's even room for two:
http://www.sv-loki.com/The_Trip/Florida_Pics/Sophie.jpg

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I have always liked the thought of a hammock hanging between forestay
and mast.

My wife & I charter each year, and are looking for a very compact (no
spreader)version that would fit nicely on a OC321,and in my knapsack
for the flight to Turkey. We looked at www.hennessyhammock.com, but
they seem a little too "high performance".

Any advice or thoughts?

BTW. The hennessy hammocks DO look neat. I will order one for
camping....

Thanks

Earnie

Try Wal-Mart or any good sporting goods store, will roll up to pocket size,
about $6

--
There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Work -- as if you don't need the money;
Love -- as if you have never been hurt;
DANCE! -- as if no one is watching...
Sing -- as if no one is listening, and
Live -- like it's heaven on earth!

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I have always liked the thought of a hammock hanging between forestay
and mast.

My wife & I charter each year, and are looking for a very compact (no
spreader)version that would fit nicely on a OC321,and in my knapsack
for the flight to Turkey. We looked at www.hennessyhammock.com, but
they seem a little too "high performance".

Any advice or thoughts?

BTW. The hennessy hammocks DO look neat. I will order one for
camping....

Thanks

Over40pirate

On our 35' sloop, we use a hammock, that was made in Mexico. It's made of many
fine strands of thread. It stowes in a purse size bag. We hang it from the
spinnaker pole, over the foredeck.
Picture available if desired.
A necessary piece of cruising gear!
Ryk

On 24 Jul 2004 22:04:43 GMT, in message

ospam (Over40pirate) wrote:

On our 35' sloop, we use a hammock, that was made in Mexico. It's made of many
fine strands of thread. It stowes in a purse size bag. We hang it from the
spinnaker pole, over the foredeck.
Picture available if desired.
A necessary piece of cruising gear!

Available from Lee Valley Tools

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...,40 725,40739

I *love* mine, hung under a 14'6" spin pole. It's long, so something
shorter might leave it a little droopy. Yes it's pricey, but I like it
way better than the cheap nylon netting version.

Rick

New Deck Mark Davis General 4 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
New Deck Mark Davis Boat Building 3 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 General 26 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 Boat Building 19 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM