Baybyter

Default Tampa/St Pete Marinas

Can anyone recommend a marina(s) in the Tampa/St Pete area? Would like to know
costs on an annual basis, if possible. Anyone having any experience sailing in
this area, please let me know.
Terry C

A good marina in South St Petersburg is O'Neils Marina, Pinellas Point Dr.
South St. Petersburg, FL 33712. I don't have phone number but telephone info
will provide it. I have stored boat there for three winters with no
problems. Reasonable cost and easy access to Gulf, Intercoastal and Tampa
Bay proper. Lisa is dock master and very friendly.

"Baybyter" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a marina(s) in the Tampa/St Pete area? Would like to

know
costs on an annual basis, if possible. Anyone having any experience

sailing in
this area, please let me know.

Bill Adams

O'Neill's Marina is pretty much a power boat only place. Not sure
sailboats can even get in there.

There are lots of good marinas in the area but it's a big area and it
would help to know more about what you want and where you want to sail.
If you want to sail on the Gulf you need to be near enough to get out
there easily. Blind Pass Marina is good choice for that. The Gulfport
Marina on Boca Ciega Bay is good too and allows bay sailing as well.

For Tampa Bay there is the St.Petersburg Municipal Marina, and the
Harborage. I'm not familiar with marinas in Tampa but there are a few
there and more south in Apollo Beach and on down to Bradenton.

Some Marinas like St. Pete and Gulfport have waiting lists. Not sure of
the current prices as I've been out of the market for awhile.

I daysail on Tampa Bay and cruise mostly to the south on down to Pine
Island Sound and as far as the Keys. It's a wonderful area to sail.