Rachel and Steve

Default Can someone tell me where I can buy a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter for my liferaft

I am departing offshore next April and I would like to include in my grab
bag a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter like the military use. I
have searched the net and can find heaps of places that sell electric or gas
powered ones, I can find articles about how good the hand operated ones are
but I can't find anyone who sells them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

Steve Hopkinson

Brent Geery

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:29:55 +1200, "Rachel and Steve"
wrote:

I am departing offshore next April and I would like to include in my grab
bag a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter like the military use. I
have searched the net and can find heaps of places that sell electric or gas
powered ones, I can find articles about how good the hand operated ones are
but I can't find anyone who sells them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Camping supply store?

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org
Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films
Keith

http://www.landfallnav.com/index.html
They have them in the safety section. You could just search the web as well
and maybe find one cheaper. Katydyn makes them as do others.

--

Keith
__
"Rachel and Steve" wrote in message
I am departing offshore next April and I would like to include in my grab
bag a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter like the military use. I
have searched the net and can find heaps of places that sell electric or

gas
powered ones, I can find articles about how good the hand operated ones

are
but I can't find anyone who sells them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

Steve Hopkinson

JAXAshby

I thought all the cataloges sold PUR 06's.

btw, Katydyn makes filters, not reverse osmosis filters. Filter take some or a
lot of junk (depends on the filter) from the water, reverse osmosis units take
the salt and other disolved minerals out.

[...]

Wayne.B

wrote:
I am departing offshore next April and I would like to include in my grab
bag a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter like the military use. I
have searched the net and can find heaps of places that sell electric or gas
powered ones, I can find articles about how good the hand operated ones are
but I can't find anyone who sells them.

====================================

Scroll down the page to hand operated:

http://www.fourwinds-ii.com/watermakers.html

Arni

You presumably mean water maker, not water purifier?
If so, the device you want is the PUR, as another has said, but the company
has renamed itself, and is called Katadyne or something like that. Their
smallest model can be motor or hand powered.

"Rachel and Steve" wrote in message
I am departing offshore next April and I would like to include in my grab
bag a hand operated reverse osmosis water filter like the military use. I
have searched the net and can find heaps of places that sell electric or

gas
powered ones, I can find articles about how good the hand operated ones

are
but I can't find anyone who sells them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

Steve Hopkinson

Drinking RO water - health problems? [email protected] Cruising 12 August 16th 05 02:42 AM
Angle of prop shaft - theoretical question. Gary Warner General 103 June 18th 04 05:32 AM
Fresh Water Tank Lou Cragin Cruising 6 December 8th 03 08:23 AM
Hot Water Dispenser Conor Crowley Cruising 11 October 28th 03 07:42 PM