Martin Combs

Default Dietz Lanterns available in the Tidewater Virginia area

After going through Hurricane Isabel I had a lot of people asked me
about the old Dietz Monarch lanterns that we used for 7 days after the
storm. I found out that you could not find a Dietz lantern anywhere
around here. So I'm going to try and remedy that situation here in
the Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake Virginia area.

Stop by and have a look.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/dietzlanterns

Don White

After our hurricane juan last September where I lost power for 6 days &
nights i went to Lee Valley tools and bought a Dietz 'Hurricane' or
'Blizzard' lantern.
see:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...,40731&abspage
=1&ccurrency=1&SID=

JAXAshby

ah, that is the difference. you live in regressive Pennsylvania and I live in
progressive NY. It is those poor louts in Virginia at whoo are lost to this
world and don't know what a Dietz lantern is, and can't find out the day after
a hurricane hit.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
my local hardware store has Dietz by name.

After going through Hurricane Isabel I had a lot of people asked me
about the old Dietz Monarch lanterns that we used for 7 days after the
storm. I found out that you could not find a Dietz lantern anywhere
around here. So I'm going to try and remedy that situation here in
the Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake Virginia area.

Stop by and have a look.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/dietzlanterns

JAXAshby

"Don White", why is it the you who live in Virginia have a Canadian email
address?

Keith

Lehman's http://www.lehmans.com/ has these, as well as lots of other
alternative lighting equipment. There is usually a lot of good stuff for
boaters at these "off grid" and solar equipment sites. I didn't even know
that Dietz made so many types! Table lamps, pole lamps, railroad style, etc.

--

Keith
__
"Martin Combs" wrote in message
om...
After going through Hurricane Isabel I had a lot of people asked me
about the old Dietz Monarch lanterns that we used for 7 days after the
storm. I found out that you could not find a Dietz lantern anywhere
around here. So I'm going to try and remedy that situation here in
the Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake Virginia area.

Stop by and have a look.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak/skateworld/dietzlanterns

JAXAshby

7 of 11 blowing away the Klingons?

"Don White", why is it the you who live in Virginia have a Canadian email
address?

Relying on Jaxian physics principles and transporter technology (not
unlike a TARDIS) Don White has, now, been displaced in time and space
such that his Canadian home and property are located in Tidewater
Virginia! Amazing!

The Jaxian innovations in physics have truly made ALL things possible!

Read here how hurricane Juan affected Tidewater Virginia after
striking Nova Scotia:
http://www.atl.ec.gc.ca/weather/hurricane/juan/

Read here how residents can (using Jaxian technology) shop stores in
Halifax, Nova Scotia by merely driving a few blocks:
http://www.leevalley.com/home/stores...ID=&ccurrency=

"Why is it the you.."??? Goa'uld syntax, perhaps?

Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
"Don White", why is it the you who live in Virginia have a Canadian email
address?

Say what?
What Gene says I second. Born & still living in beautiful Halifax, Nova
Scotia, although I'm thinking of escaping to the British Virgin Islands to
avoid this cool damp weather..

JAXAshby

donny, just WHAT hurricane did you say hit you WHERE and you were unable to buy
a Dietz lantern to light your way for HOW many days?

btw, doonny, have you ever tried to read by light of Dietz lantern? It is like
trying to read by the light of four birthday candles.