JAXAshby

Default Dietz Lanterns available in the Tidewater Virginia area

Born & still living in beautiful Halifax, Nova
Scotia, although I'm thinking of escaping to the British Virgin Islands to
avoid this cool damp weather..

Oh, so the words "Tidewater Virginia" means "Halifax, Nova Scotia" in the
dialect you speak among the natives in the frozen Maritimes?

Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
donny, just WHAT hurricane did you say hit you WHERE and you were unable

to buy
a Dietz lantern to light your way for HOW many days?

btw, doonny, have you ever tried to read by light of Dietz lantern? It is

like
trying to read by the light of four birthday candles.

"Don White", why is it the you who live in Virginia have a Canadian

email
address?

** Jax... I think you're getting me mixed up with the original poster.
Late in September of 2003 we suffered a direct hit from Hurricane Juan,
which should have been classed as catagory 2 strength as it roared through
here. See the sites Gene pointed out.
I was able to buy a lantern as soon as the stores re-opened...no problem.
My street's power was out for 6 days & nights as I mentioned.
No, I haven't tried to read by Dietz lantern......I was more concerned with
walking around the house without bumping into tables or falling down stairs.
We try to be resourceful in this area..vs NY where all goes to sh*t when a
little brownout happens on occasion.

Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Born & still living in beautiful Halifax, Nova
Scotia, although I'm thinking of escaping to the British Virgin Islands

avoid this cool damp weather..

Oh, so the words "Tidewater Virginia" means "Halifax, Nova Scotia" in the
dialect you speak among the natives in the frozen Maritimes?

Jax, Jax...you've gotta kick that snorting habit. It's gonna get you in the
long run....and it appears to be gaining now.
I never once said I had anything to do with Tidewater or anywhere else in
Virginia...in fact, I've never set foot in Virginia.
Closest I got was either flying over it, or along it's coast on the way to a
Florida vacation. Now please stop this foolishness!

JAXAshby

Now please stop this foolishness!

"foolishness"? it is you who considers a Dietz lantern (by name) to be a
safety item.

A candle lantern throws more light, and stores safely and in less space. Get
them in any camping supply store.
Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Now please stop this foolishness!

"foolishness"? it is you who considers a Dietz lantern (by name) to be a
safety item.

A candle lantern throws more light, and stores safely and in less space.

Get
them in any camping supply store.

** Advertising says my lantern throws off 12 candlepower....and yes, Lee
Valley does sell 'candlepower' lanterns.
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...49770&category
=2,40731

JAXAshby

Lehman says it is about as bright as two small candles. So, who do *you*
believe?

two birthday candles. that's useful as a required safety item.

Now please stop this foolishness!

"foolishness"? it is you who considers a Dietz lantern (by name) to be a
safety item.

A candle lantern throws more light, and stores safely and in less space.

Get
them in any camping supply store.

** Advertising says my lantern throws off 12 candlepower....and yes, Lee
Valley does sell 'candlepower' lanterns.
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...49770&category
=2,40731

Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Lehman says it is about as bright as two small candles. So, who do *you*
believe?

** I'm inclined to believe the advertising. My lantern has a big wide wick
and certainly throws more light than your tealight candles. You should stay
away from those 'Partylite' candle sales parties all the girls go to. You
pay twice what the items are worth.

JAXAshby

there you have it, folks. doony telling use that believes advertising because
if it weren't so they wouldn't print it.

doony doens't read when it gets dark, it seems.

Lehman says it is about as bright as two small candles. So, who do *you*
believe?

** I'm inclined to believe the advertising. My lantern has a big wide wick
and certainly throws more light than your tealight candles. You should stay
away from those 'Partylite' candle sales parties all the girls go to. You
pay twice what the items are worth.

Don White

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
there you have it, folks. doony telling use that believes advertising

because
if it weren't so they wouldn't print it.

doony doens't read when it gets dark, it seems.

Reading can be overrated! A person could accidentaly come across a
hideous figure wearing a Speedo just by visiting the wrong sites.