Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Boat Computer?

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Samsung_NC10_
14GBK/NPNC10KA03US/V07295/extended/

I needed....well, not quite true....WANTED a new laptop. The 17" monsters
eat batteries, are heavy and cumbersome, too much. So, I started
researching netbooks. Everyone said Samsung NC-10 was great. So, I
ordered this one:

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Samsung_NC10_
14GBK/NPNC10KA03US/V07295/extended/

from Cost Central at best price, on Monday. Got it Fedex Ground today.
$410 to my door. It ran 7 HOURS out of the box, never charged, before it
warned me we only had 10% battery power left. SEVEN HOURS! Amazing....
It recharged in 90 minutes from 8% to full. The battery is 5.2AH, 6 cell.

The touchpad is, obviously, small, but is a combination of laptop touchpad
and iPhone multitouch! Very nice..works great. The hackers have a
touchscreen conversion if you like.

This little 2.8lb netbook will make a helluva nice boat computer. It will
store in any space an 8.5 x 11" report 1.2" thick will fit. 10.2" display
is NOT GLOSSY, NON GLARE and painfully bright for cockpit use....no
reflections staring back at you! The new NC-10 special edition and NC-20
netbooks HAVE A GLOSSY DISPLAY...Useless. I will NOT buy another MIRROR
display.

There's no room for real speakers in it and the speakers in it are
USELESS....but easily connected to external speaker/amp...boat stereo...My
Bluetooth Motorola S9 stereo headset sounds superb!

3 USB ports to connect NMEA stuff to. Win XP Home SP3 runs most nav
software. 160GB tiny hard drive gives it huge storage capacity. There's
116GB free for your stuff. External USB DVD/CD drives and hard drives make
more storage easy.

Thanks to all the hedge funds, speculators and other crooks for driving up
the price of the C and BAC stock to pay for it.....(c;]

Cool boat & travel computer Roger Long Cruising 103 September 25th 08 01:35 PM
Computer for boat Rolf Electronics 13 December 11th 04 09:36 AM
Computer for Boat? Ansley Sawyer Electronics 6 May 9th 04 11:16 PM
Computer Install on 24' Power Boat Jim Pook Electronics 4 October 28th 03 05:08 AM
get off the computer and onto your boat Richard Malcolm Cruising 1 July 16th 03 12:47 AM