Default Cornish lugger -Spirit of Mystery

Is this not a cool boat or what? Looks like she's pulling along pretty
well under a couple of small headsails too...wish I had deeper
pockets...I just think that girl looks like she'd get you home every time.

mr.b wrote:
Is this not a cool boat or what? Looks like she's pulling along pretty
well under a couple of small headsails too...wish I had deeper
pockets...I just think that girl looks like she'd get you home every time.

Get this boating crap outta here!!!!!!!
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 6, 6:53*am, "mr.b" wrote:
Is this not a cool boat or what? *Looks like she's pulling along pretty
well under a couple of small headsails too...wish I had deeper
pockets...I just think that girl looks like she'd get you home every time..

Might break your leg if a wave hit it and you are aboard.

Joe
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 6, 11:43*am, Joe wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:53*am, "mr.b" wrote:

Is this not a cool boat or what? *Looks like she's pulling along pretty
well under a couple of small headsails too...wish I had deeper
pockets...I just think that girl looks like she'd get you home every time.

Might break your leg if a wave hit it and you are aboard.

Joe

http://www.sailingnetworks.com/news/read/7634
better pics

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:43:39 -0800, Joe wrote:

On Mar 6, 11:43Â*am, Joe wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:53Â*am, "mr.b" wrote:

Is this not a cool boat or what? Â*Looks like she's pulling along
pretty well under a couple of small headsails too...wish I had deeper
pockets...I just think that girl looks like she'd get you home every
time.

Might break your leg if a wave hit it and you are aboard.

heh!

http://www.sailingnetworks.com/news/read/7634 better pics

yeah, the vessel just looks so simple and robust...I would imagine it
would seem fairly cavernous below, and the flush deck would make it very
reassuring for deck work in my mind, although the loss of their dinghy
underlines the hazard of being swept

"mr.b" wrote:
yeah, *the vessel just looks so simple and robust...I would imagine it
would seem fairly cavernous below

Umm, no.
Ever been inside a classic boat? They look great but "roomy" they are
not.

.... and the flush deck would make it very
reassuring for deck work in my mind, although the loss of their dinghy
underlines the hazard of being swept

The flush deck is nice but the reassuring thing to me is the
bulwarks... and the short rig.

I also wonder if zinc plating is better than copper for antifoul.

Gorgeous boat, and 116 days from Cornwall to Melbourne OZ is a pretty
good passage.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:52:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Ever been inside a classic boat? They look great but "roomy" they are
not.

The wooden ribs and other structures take up a lot of space that would
otherwise be mostly open on a fiberglass boat.

"Joe" wrote in message

Might break your leg if a wave hit it and you are aboard.

Joe

Or sprain your dainty ankle which manages to recover the very next day.
Bwahahahhahahahhahah.

Wilbur Hubbard

Getting in the spirit ... Eisboch General 233 December 2nd 07 05:53 AM
Spirit/NA 23 Mindprobe Boat Building 0 September 1st 04 04:11 PM
Replacing planks on a 24' Cornish Cutter Lol Boat Building 1 August 19th 04 02:43 PM
Cornish Folk Bertie the Bunyip ASA 14 December 7th 03 07:52 AM
Spirit Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 27th 03 05:54 AM