BoatBanter.com

BoatBanter.com (https://www.boatbanter.com/)
-   Cruising (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/)
-   -   Yeah, I know "plonk" (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/103065-yeah-i-know-plonk.html)

Gordon February 28th 09 03:41 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 

OBAMA IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT .

HE LEADETH ME BESIDE STILL FACTORIES .

HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY .

HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT .

YEA, THOUGH I WALK THRU THE VALLEY
OF THE BREAD LINE I SHALL NOT GO HUNGRY .

OBAMA HAS ANOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,

MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,

SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF
HIS TERM .

FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS
OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD .

BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN, I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE . BUT
I WISH I WAS A DOG.... ............AND OBAMA A TREE .



Capt. JG February 28th 09 04:18 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
"Gordon" wrote in message
m...

OBAMA IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT .

HE LEADETH ME BESIDE STILL FACTORIES .

HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY .

HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT .

YEA, THOUGH I WALK THRU THE VALLEY
OF THE BREAD LINE I SHALL NOT GO HUNGRY .

OBAMA HAS ANOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,

MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,

SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF HIS
TERM .

FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS
OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD .

BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN, I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE . BUT I
WISH I WAS A DOG.... ............AND OBAMA A TREE .




I don't get it. Is this Sarah Palin humor?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com




Marty[_2_] February 28th 09 04:51 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
Capt. JG wrote:
"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
OBAMA IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT .

HE LEADETH ME BESIDE STILL FACTORIES .

HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY .

HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT .

YEA, THOUGH I WALK THRU THE VALLEY
OF THE BREAD LINE I SHALL NOT GO HUNGRY .

OBAMA HAS ANOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,

MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,

SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF HIS
TERM .

FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS
OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD .

BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN, I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE . BUT I
WISH I WAS A DOG.... ............AND OBAMA A TREE .




I don't get it. Is this Sarah Palin humor?


Jon, I think he must be really great, President for only 40 days and
already decisions made by 10 years of Republican Congresses and 8 years
of Republican Presidency are his fault! Now that's talent!

Cheers
Martin

Wayne.B February 28th 09 07:09 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:51:36 -0500, Marty wrote:

Jon, I think he must be really great, President for only 40 days and
already decisions made by 10 years of Republican Congresses and 8 years
of Republican Presidency are his fault! Now that's talent!


More interesting is how all of these guys got into financial trouble
in only 40 days. That's talent also.

That said, this really isn't the right place.


Stephen Trapani February 28th 09 07:52 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:51:36 -0500, Marty wrote:

Jon, I think he must be really great, President for only 40 days and
already decisions made by 10 years of Republican Congresses and 8 years
of Republican Presidency are his fault! Now that's talent!


More interesting is how all of these guys got into financial trouble
in only 40 days. That's talent also.

That said, this really isn't the right place.


In order to fervently believe what we want to believe we have to
desperately ignore what we have to ignore in order to think that the
Congress has been controlled by Republicans for the last four years.
Whatever you do, *don't* actually check this easily checked fact
anywhere, like, say, he

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgov...division_2.htm

Instead, use blinding strategies like maybe ridicule this **** out of
this post so you can continue to blame who you've been blaming, instead
of learning anything new. After all, we wouldn't all want to be
supporting a large increase in the same thing we've been doing for the
last four years, would we? That would be insane!

Stephen

Aragorn February 28th 09 08:38 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
"Stephen Trapani" wrote

After all, we wouldn't all want to be supporting a large increase in the
same thing we've been doing for the last four years, would we? That would
be insane!


Everyone would agree that breaking out the windows of your house, spraying
it with high powered hoses, and then dragging the hoses inside and spraying
everything would be a really stupid thing to do. If the house is on fire
though, it's suddenly a very different judgement. The Republicans had an 8
year drunken party, broke out all the windows, turned on all the bathtubs
and sinks flooding the place. They finally managed to set the house on fire
and now they are all pointing and moaning because a Democaratic president is
spraying water on it.

Did any body see Jinal brains? That's the best these discredited
nincompoops have to offer?






Stephen Trapani March 1st 09 12:19 AM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
Aragorn wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote

After all, we wouldn't all want to be supporting a large increase in the
same thing we've been doing for the last four years, would we? That would
be insane!


Everyone would agree that breaking out the windows of your house, spraying
it with high powered hoses, and then dragging the hoses inside and spraying
everything would be a really stupid thing to do. If the house is on fire
though, it's suddenly a very different judgement. The Republicans had an 8
year drunken party, broke out all the windows, turned on all the bathtubs
and sinks flooding the place. They finally managed to set the house on fire
and now they are all pointing and moaning because a Democaratic president is
spraying water on it.


So the fire is the massive deficit and spending of the Republicans who
have been out of power in Congress for years and the now quadrupling of
the deficit and spending, by the Democrats, is the water on the fire? Is
that how your analogy works?

Stephen

Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] March 1st 09 01:10 AM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:19:37 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Aragorn wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote

After all, we wouldn't all want to be supporting a large increase in the
same thing we've been doing for the last four years, would we? That would
be insane!


Everyone would agree that breaking out the windows of your house, spraying
it with high powered hoses, and then dragging the hoses inside and spraying
everything would be a really stupid thing to do. If the house is on fire
though, it's suddenly a very different judgement. The Republicans had an 8
year drunken party, broke out all the windows, turned on all the bathtubs
and sinks flooding the place. They finally managed to set the house on fire
and now they are all pointing and moaning because a Democaratic president is
spraying water on it.


So the fire is the massive deficit and spending of the Republicans who
have been out of power in Congress for years and the now quadrupling of
the deficit and spending, by the Democrats, is the water on the fire? Is
that how your analogy works?

Stephen



Jesus man! Don't, whatever you do, interject logic, or the ability to
use the Internet to research facts - for example which party formed a
majority of the congress for what periods - into a political argument.

The Wigs blame the Tories while the Tories blackguard the Wigs.... all
while the public stands blindly by.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Aragorn March 1st 09 12:43 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote

Jesus man! Don't, whatever you do, interject logic, or the ability to
use the Internet to research facts - for example which party formed a
majority of the congress for what periods - into a political argument.


Yes, it used to be difficult to know who reads newspapers or watches TV.
All you need to know now is party affilliation. Creationism has become one
of the right's more credible platform planks.




Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] March 1st 09 03:06 PM

Yeah, I know "plonk"
 
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 07:43:30 -0500, "Aragorn"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote

Jesus man! Don't, whatever you do, interject logic, or the ability to
use the Internet to research facts - for example which party formed a
majority of the congress for what periods - into a political argument.


Yes, it used to be difficult to know who reads newspapers or watches TV.
All you need to know now is party affilliation. Creationism has become one
of the right's more credible platform planks.



I haven't been the US for about 30 years so the politics are somewhat
of a mystery to me although I tend toward the conservative side of the
equation simply because if it worked once it ought to work again, but
the emotions evidenced on this site seem exaggerated out of all
proportion to the political system as I knew it when I did live "back
there". Are things really so emotional, or is it only the denizens of
this site that make it appear so?

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2014 BoatBanter.com