posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

Default Zac arrested for expired visa

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
What i(s) it that you are trying to (say) here, Wilbore?

It's time for a dose of reality in a world of girly-men to whom
mediocrity is to be applauded because the girly-men are so pathetic
themselves and have no aspirations to better their sorry lot.

Wilbur Hubbard

Are you trying to be the dose of reality? (hehehe)
Or one of the girly men?

I mean, for Pete Sake, Wilbur, grow the **** up!
(said with all due respect)

You need to think about what you wrote for a few minutes. Then come back and
finish reading this.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Does a real man slobber over some inept, pimple-faced teenager getting
shoved around the world by a committee? Does a real man feel proud of
himself living vicariously through a kid? Does a real man primp and preen
and have orgasms because he associates with those who go about doing things
ineptly as in failing to meet schedules and dilly-dallying around ashore and
coming up with every imaginable excuse to stay ashore for extended periods
of time when the mission is to sail around the world?

Is this what men are proud of these days? Judging from the responses in
these groups it seems highly likely this is, indeed, the case. Why is that,
I wonder.

The answer has a lot to do with the way people are educated these days and
how they are brainwashed into thinking one must never utter a disparaging
word because such a thing is not politically correct. No! One must never
tell anybody that they failed. Nobody can be allowed to fail. There must be
a bail-out for all failures.

The bail-out seems to be in the thinking that trying is all that matters. If
you try then you are a man. Never mind what happens after you try. If you
fail miserably that should be forgotten and you should be praised for
trying. If you succeed then you can't brag about it or even mention it
around people who have failed because that will make them feel bad about
themselves and their failures. You are supposed to assist them with their
false beliefs that all that counts is you try.

Well, I reject that kind of thinking outright. When I try and fail I have
FAILED. It's that simple. The failure is noted, the methodology that caused
failure revised, a new plan is hatched and another try is in the offing.
None of this girly-man crap about trying is succeeding for me. It's success
or shame on me for failing.

That's how the world is supposed to work, at least. How it used to work.
When it gets to the point where people equate trying with success all is
lost as there never will be any success because why bother to try hard. Any
half-hearted try is a try, after all, and that's a success, right? The very
most feeble of tries is success. Therefore, if your goal is sailing alone
around the world as the youngest person to do it, as long as you try you
should receive accolades. You should be heaped with praise. You should be
treated like a celebrity. Never mind that you had three birthdays trying and
you're well past the age of the record, it hardly matters. Never mind that
you accepted tows into and out of ports. Never mind that you had a multitude
of people working on your boat and people have spend thousands of dollars
flying all over the world and delivering parts to repair breakages caused by
stupidity. Never mind that you motored so much that you've worn out three
motors so far. Never mind that your telephone bill costs as much as most
yachts.

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

Gregory Hall wrote:

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

so which are you today, stud muffin?

Are you Gregory?

Or are you Wilbur?

cavelamb wrote:
Gregory Hall wrote:

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

so which are you today, stud muffin?

Are you Gregory?

Or are you Wilbur?

So now he either has to admit what everyone already knew, or he can get
out of it by confessing that the two of them are having a chocolate
train love affair.

Either way, it's pretty funny.

Stephen

posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:01:36 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Gregory Hall wrote:

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

so which are you today, stud muffin?

Are you Gregory?

Or are you Wilbur?

As they say, a rose by any other name is still a rose and Neal by any
other name is still an horses arse....
Cheers,

Bruce
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
snip
What kills me is how sailing and cruising have become *******ized to the
point of absurdity by modern-day 'sailors' who are an embarrassment to the
trade. These failures have adopted the ignorant liberal philosophy that
"to try is to succeed." There is no longer any "try then succeed" there
is only "try because to try is to succeed." This is a warped reality. This
is pathetic. One of the last bastions of manhood is success at lone-handed
ocean voyaging.

And what is your own record, Wilma, which qualifies you to take the **** out
of people who do actually try?
(I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer from the world's greatest
bul****ter)
--
Duncan Heenan

posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:40:03 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

cavelamb wrote:
Gregory Hall wrote:

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

so which are you today, stud muffin?

Are you Gregory?

Or are you Wilbur?

So now he either has to admit what everyone already knew, or he can get
out of it by confessing that the two of them are having a chocolate
train love affair.

Either way, it's pretty funny.

Stephen

He's performed this exasct blunder quite a few times, Stephen.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:36:20 -0000, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
tanews.com...
snip
What kills me is how sailing and cruising have become *******ized to the
point of absurdity by modern-day 'sailors' who are an embarrassment to the
trade. These failures have adopted the ignorant liberal philosophy that
"to try is to succeed." There is no longer any "try then succeed" there
is only "try because to try is to succeed." This is a warped reality. This
is pathetic. One of the last bastions of manhood is success at lone-handed
ocean voyaging.

And what is your own record, Wilma, which qualifies you to take the **** out
of people who do actually try?
(I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer from the world's greatest
bul****ter)

He got a response out of you, so he got what he came for. He'll be
glad to know he's found a barrel of cooperative fish he can come back
to whenever he gets the urge.

Congratulations on a job well done!

wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
ctanews.com...
[...]

Thanks, I deserve it.
Wilma and I go back a long way, don't we Wilma?
--
Duncan Heenan

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Gregory Hall wrote:

None of this matters as long as you tried.

Wilbur Hubbard

so which are you today, stud muffin?

Are you Gregory?

Or are you Wilbur?

He's Gregory Hall, of course. He likes to mock me. Been doing it for months,
now. Pay attention.

Wilbur Hubbard

Visa for sailors going to Vyborg or St Petersburg, Russia Mikael Branting Cruising 0 March 21st 08 03:16 PM
Free Visa Information For USA, UK, CANADA, AND MORO COUNTRY pinky General 0 February 16th 07 01:21 AM
visa Gabriel Latrémouille Cruising 3 November 12th 05 09:06 AM
Red Cross - 1-800-HELPNOW - VISA works! PocoLoco General 2 September 1st 05 01:16 PM
Expired flares Steve General 14 August 19th 05 02:32 PM