Default Global warming

Larry wrote:
jeff wrote in :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Re...Level_Rise.png

Those not on floating docks need to go check the lines!

Omigod! 8 inches in only 119 years! The sky is falling, er, the
tsunami is gonna get us!
Gordon

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:21:51 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

That's greats, polls also show that the majority of people on this
planet worship an extraterrestrial, so what?

Have you considered the possibility that you could be out of step?

There is a definite probability, greater than 0.5 that I am indeed "out
of step", IMHO of course. Given that, I still fail to see the bearing
on an opinion poll vis-a-vis the probability of a hypothesis regarding
global warming being correct.

Cheers
Martin

"Marty" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:21:51 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

That's greats, polls also show that the majority of people on this
planet worship an extraterrestrial, so what?

Have you considered the possibility that you could be out of step?

There is a definite probability, greater than 0.5 that I am indeed "out
of step", IMHO of course. Given that, I still fail to see the bearing on
an opinion poll vis-a-vis the probability of a hypothesis regarding global
warming being correct.

Cheers
Martin

Democratic science. The majority opinion must be the truth.

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:21:51 -0500, Martin Baxter said:

That's greats, polls also show that the majority of people on this
planet worship an extraterrestrial, so what?
Have you considered the possibility that you could be out of step?

There is a definite probability, greater than 0.5 that I am indeed "out
of step", IMHO of course. Given that, I still fail to see the bearing on
an opinion poll vis-a-vis the probability of a hypothesis regarding global
warming being correct.

Cheers
Martin

Democratic science. The majority opinion must be the truth.

The cows in WI win a lot then, huh?

"katy" wrote in message
om...
KLC Lewis wrote:

Democratic science. The majority opinion must be the truth.

The cows in WI win a lot then, huh?

We're smart enough to not let them vote, anymore.

--
?
"Marty" wrote in message
I still fail to see the bearing on an opinion poll vis-a-vis the
probability of a hypothesis regarding global warming being correct.

Cheers
Martin

Popular notions are always wrong. Yes, "always!"

--
?
"Dave" wrote in message

Might there be a more than remote possibility that those not out of step
are
correct?

No, popular notions are ALWAYS wrong.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:15:21 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
said:

Democratic science. The majority opinion must be the truth.
The cows in WI win a lot then, huh?

We're smart enough to not let them vote, anymore.

You sure of that? Doesn't seem to be the case in neighboring Minnesota,
where there are more ballots counted in some counties than there were
people
voting.

Sounds like Ohio. There's a solution to this, but it won't happen as long as
people insist on the "secret ballot" nonsense. Voting fraud will only end
when people are willing to take responsibility for making sure their votes
were accurately recorded, regardless of the consequences.

Issue a Voting ID Number to everyone at their 18th birthday. This number is
then used in all elections, local, state and national. After each election,
the numbers are posted next to each candidate, allowing voters to go online
and verify that their vote was actually cast as it was intended.

Not foolproof, but it would be a step in the right direction.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:17:59 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
said:

There's a solution to this, but it won't happen as long as
people insist on the "secret ballot" nonsense. Voting fraud will only end
when people are willing to take responsibility for making sure their votes
were accurately recorded, regardless of the consequences.

We could even send a policeman into the booth with each voter, just to be
sure there's no funny business, and to be sure each person votes right.

Which is the mindset which will forever resist change. The "secret ballot"
system has always been, and will always be, rife with fraud -- precisely
because it is "secret." No one can challenge the outcome because no one can
prove their vote was tampered with; either by changing it, or by casting
phantom votes to cancel it out.

Significant levels of privacy can still exist in the system I propose. But
in the end, if people aren't willing to take responsibility for their vote,
they deserve whatever system they get.

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:15:21 -0600, "KLC Lewis" said:

Democratic science. The majority opinion must be the truth.
The cows in WI win a lot then, huh?

We're smart enough to not let them vote, anymore.

You sure of that? Doesn't seem to be the case in neighboring Minnesota,
where there are more ballots counted in some counties than there were people
voting.

That's cuz of all the ,ultiple personalities..they each get a vote, ya
know...

More on Global Warming... Eisboch General 0 November 14th 07 05:42 PM
Global Warming? JimH General 39 April 11th 07 04:24 PM
More On Global Warming Gilligan ASA 0 November 17th 06 02:44 PM
First global warming, now this!!! Gilligan ASA 0 November 4th 06 06:34 PM