Tony Van

Default Dog in Inflatable. Ok?

My wife and I want to buy an inflatable to use while we are looking for a
small cruiser. We would like to take our Golden Retreiver out with us for a
putt around the harbor .

I know about PFD's, and overheating and plenty of water but was wondering if
her nails could puncture the Hypalon tubes.

Also any comments or suggestions or any other issues we should be aware of
from someone who has done this?

Many thanks

Tony

---

Doug Dotson

Not likely. Hypalon is very durable. We've transported our dogs
ashore for years with no problem. Also have cruised with dozens
that have done the same.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Tony Van" wrote in message
My wife and I want to buy an inflatable to use while we are looking for a
small cruiser. We would like to take our Golden Retreiver out with us for

putt around the harbor .

I know about PFD's, and overheating and plenty of water but was wondering

if
her nails could puncture the Hypalon tubes.

Also any comments or suggestions or any other issues we should be aware of
from someone who has done this?

Many thanks

Tony

---

Rich Hampel

Ditto -
Buy a nail clipper and keep the 'points' trimmed

"Tony Van" wrote in message
My wife and I want to buy an inflatable to use while we are looking for a
small cruiser. We would like to take our Golden Retreiver out with us for

putt around the harbor .

I know about PFD's, and overheating and plenty of water but was wondering

if
her nails could puncture the Hypalon tubes.

Also any comments or suggestions or any other issues we should be aware of
from someone who has done this?

Many thanks

Tony

---

Don

Had an Achiles with Hypalon tubes for 15 years. For a good part of that time
we had a fiesty Irish terrier with a full set of nails. Not a chance of a
puncture. The only problem was that he liked to stand on the tubes and one
day I "Armor Alled" the dink. For a couple of days he was like a pig on ice.
No damage to the tubes.
Re bigger dogs, my daughter brought her overweight (80+ lbs) laborador once
or twice no problem though she (the dog) kinda filled up the dink. Two years
later I was still getting Lab hair out of the bilge.

No real problems. I can think of. Many dogs love boats but some are deathly
afraid paticularly if they are unsteady, have poor balance, or have hip
problems. With our terrier the biggest problem was his desire to defend our
boat from dogs taking their owners for a stroll on the dock. This helped us
learn the joys of moorings and anchors (a good thing)

Short answer - if the dog is comfortable on your boat you hve nothing to
worry about.

"Tony Van" wrote in message
My wife and I want to buy an inflatable to use while we are looking for a
small cruiser. We would like to take our Golden Retreiver out with us for

putt around the harbor .

I know about PFD's, and overheating and plenty of water but was wondering

if
her nails could puncture the Hypalon tubes.

Also any comments or suggestions or any other issues we should be aware of
from someone who has done this?

Many thanks

Tony

---

Steven Shelikoff

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:53:13 GMT, "Tony Van"
wrote:

My wife and I want to buy an inflatable to use while we are looking for a
small cruiser. We would like to take our Golden Retreiver out with us for a
putt around the harbor .

I know about PFD's, and overheating and plenty of water but was wondering if
her nails could puncture the Hypalon tubes.

How sharp are your dog's nails? I've taken my dogs in my PVC Zodiac
with no problems. There's no way their nails or anything else are going
to puncture the PVC and hypalon is supposed to be even more durable. A
cat might have a better chance with it's sharp claws.

Also any comments or suggestions or any other issues we should be aware of
from someone who has done this?

Hope they don't get seasick?

Steve