news

Default General tips needed for first timers

Hi,

We have bought a SeaHawk II inflatable and plan to take it for camping this
coming weekend. This is the first time we are owning() a boat so I would
appreciate it if somebody could answer the following for us,
1) If the boat is damaged and the air leaks, are there patches available. If
yes, can somebody suggest a good brand.
2) How do we park the boat. Is it better to take it out of water when we are
done or keep it in water. In either case, how do we make sure that the
boat's position is not effected because of wind or water.
Any other tips would really be appreciated.

Thanks ,
y.

Peter Pan

"news" wrote in message
news
Hi,

We have bought a SeaHawk II inflatable and plan to take it for
camping this coming weekend. This is the first time we are owning()
a boat so I would appreciate it if somebody could answer the
following for us, 1) If the boat is damaged and the air leaks, are
there patches available. If yes, can somebody suggest a good brand.
2) How do we park the boat. Is it better to take it out of water when
we are done or keep it in water. In either case, how do we make sure
that the boat's position is not effected because of wind or water.
Any other tips would really be appreciated.

Thanks ,
y.

Not sure where you got yours, mine came with an emergency patch kit. Haven't
needed it in the last two years, but just in case, I've seen em at sporting
goods places, and even at Wal-Mart (in the sporting goods areas).

As for #2, I use mine in ponds and on rivers (no docks), and generally pull
it onshore, and sometimes tie it to a pole/stake/tree if winds are
predicted. I live and travel in an RV, so if leaving, I deflate it, put it
in the bag, throw it in a storage compartment, and drive away. If really
nasty weather and floods are predicted, I tie it to the door handle of the
RV so I have a way out in case of flood

Len Krauss

Take along a small anchor with sufficient line, life jackets, flashlight and
a whistle.

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.
"news" wrote in message
news
Hi,

We have bought a SeaHawk II inflatable and plan to take it for camping

this
coming weekend. This is the first time we are owning() a boat so I would
appreciate it if somebody could answer the following for us,
1) If the boat is damaged and the air leaks, are there patches available.

If
yes, can somebody suggest a good brand.
2) How do we park the boat. Is it better to take it out of water when we

are
done or keep it in water. In either case, how do we make sure that the
boat's position is not effected because of wind or water.
Any other tips would really be appreciated.

Thanks ,
y.

Don White

"news" wrote in message
news
Hi,

We have bought a SeaHawk II inflatable and plan to take it for camping

this
coming weekend.

snip
I was looking at the Sea Hawk 11 at Costco tonight. They want $ 139.00 CDN
for it. I would use it mainly as a tender for my mini-cruiser sailboat. At
this point I'm weighing the pros & cons over a hard dink.
Sea Hawk is cheaper, easier to transport and even carry aboard the sailboat.
Also less chance of scratching the 'mother ship'.
The hard dink would be a lot easier to row and more durable

How long does it take to inflate?

Bryan

Before you worry about docking...take a powersquadrons course! Rookies
do rookie things (surprise surprise...). The courses are inexpensive, and
teach you the basic stuff, rules of the road, right of way, and yes mooring.
All too often I see someone who is obviously inexperienced getting
caught in a situation that an experienced boater would never allow
themselves anywhere near.

2cents