no one cares

Default Expensive Dockage in Florida Keys

That makes sense, however, when I review dockage rates, it seems they
run around $300 - $500 per month (this is NOT the resorts, of course).

So if you go in every 3rd night, and pay $1 per foot, with a 30
footer, thats $300. Person would be better off renting for the month.

My budget is allowing for $1,000 per month, and I certainly don't want
to spend it all on dockage, so we are planning on anchoring out for
the most part. However, for the first couple months, while settling
in, getting used to the lifestyle change, etc, I had figured on
renting a dock.

I will be actively seeking docking spaces next year.

So far, the only place I have found to do an online search is:
www.docksearch.com

any other places to look?

On 03 Jun 2004 19:52:13 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

Anchor out, and go in every third or 4th nite, thats what we do.

Paul Schilter

JaxAshby,
Read it three times. Not sure what you're saying here. ?????
Paul

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
not very expensive given the resort setting
in the center of Key West.

from someone who lives in midtown Manhattan and has been to the keys, why

in
hell would you care that the Keys cost you more than $25 a night? It

ain't
much, dude. you shouldn't expect much.

Rosalie B.

no one cares wrote:

That makes sense, however, when I review dockage rates, it seems they
run around $300 - $500 per month (this is NOT the resorts, of course).

So if you go in every 3rd night, and pay $1 per foot, with a 30
footer, thats $300. Person would be better off renting for the month.

In Key West with a 30 footer you can take a mooring. I understand you
can also buy a portable mooring.

There are also moorings in Marathon, but I think for that size boat a
marina would be just as cheap by the time you figure the dinghy dock
fees and shower fees etc.

If you don't need to be in the Keys, Ft. Pierce is nice and has quite
reasonable rates, and so is Titusville.

http://www.cruisingguide.com/efmarinas.html
http://www.cruisingguide.com/wfmarinas.html
http://www.sailmiami.com/Marinas/floridamarinas.htm
http://www.florida-marinas.com/

On 03 Jun 2004 19:52:13 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

Anchor out, and go in every third or 4th nite, thats what we do.

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/