Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JAXAshby

Default Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY?

bill, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. you have me
confused with schlackoff.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:19:43 GMT, (Steven Shelikoff)
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:46:12 GMT,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:21:58 GMT,
(Steven
Shelikoff) wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:40:09 GMT,
wrote:

Like I said - provide ONE manufacturer who uses solder. If it was
superior, then some comapanies would solder, and use it as a sales
tool to demonstrate higher quality than their competitors. Hinkley
uses solder? Oyster uses solder? Swan? These companies would solder in
a heartbeat if it was better.

And like I said, specious argument since I'm not claiming any
manufactureres use solder. You can't seem to get that through your head
since you keep asking me to provide one. Ok, even though there is
probably some that do use solder, I'll agree with you and say that none
do. How about that?

Please explain why no boat manufacturers use solder. Be specific, and
provide examples, cites and anything else you wish as evidence. The
claim that no manufacturers use solder because of cost is absurd, and
I have pointed out why.

Lol. You really don't believe the extravagent cost of properly
soldering the wiring for a marginal benefit in conductivity is why they
don't do it? You're too funny.

Ok, let me ask you this: how many boat manufacturers do you think
properly crimp every connection? And by properly, I mean by using a
racheting type mil-spec crimp tool that makes a 360 degree crimp that
cold welds the connector to the wire, not just a dimple that most crimp
tools make.

I've shown you who agrees with me. Who agrees with you?

According to Steven Shelikoff, (at least that's the "name" he uses on
usenet) no manufacturers use solder for boat wiring.

Um, no. Please get it right. It's according to the anonymous
that no manufacturers use solder for boat
wiring. I'm just willing to let that slide because I don't feel like
trying to prove you wrong on that point since...

You can't prove I'm wrong. Sorry Jax, you lose this one.

BB

Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY? Tom Shilson Boat Building 100 June 5th 04 01:28 AM
Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY? Tom Shilson Cruising 107 June 5th 04 01:28 AM
WHY SAILBOATS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN Sail Bum Cruising 22 June 3rd 04 02:56 AM
If you have to solder engsol Cruising 6 June 1st 04 03:53 AM
Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY? Florida Keyz Cruising 0 May 31st 04 03:33 PM