John H

Default Cruise to Princess Louisa Inlet

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:00:53 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:07:16 GMT, Mr. Toad wrote:

Take my advice and stay away. Far, far
away.
Don't say we didn't warn you.

=================================

We have many of those very same problems right here in Florida, and
now that I'm here, it's time to pull up the bridge over the moat.

:-)

I also spent a couple years in Tampa. Most of the time I was in fear of losing
my house and family to runaway glaciers.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Lloyd Sumpter

On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:33:27 +0000, engsol wrote:

Lloyd, Glad to hear you had a great trip. Sorry to learn the Americans were a
bit of a pain. The 4-5 times I've salied the San Juan/Gulf Islands, both US and
Canadian boats were a joy to be around.

Question: You mentioned you motor-sailed into Vancouver Harbor. The last time I
went out of, and returned to, Vancouver Harbor, sail was specifically prohibited
anywhere in the harbor, starting at the Lions Gate Bridge, (First Narrows). Has
this been changed? Or did no one care?
Norm B

No, you're absulutely right - no sailing through the First Narrows. But
"Vancouver Harbour" starts at the line from Pt Atkinson to the Pt Grey bell
bouy. Many people call this "English Bay" although most charts call the much
smaller bay near False Creek "English Bay" and refer to the larger bay as
"Vancouver Harbour".

Beyond the First Narrows is the "Inner Harbour": no sailing through the
Narrows or where the Seabus's go, sailing allowed elsewhere (but few people sail
there because of the traffic).

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

rhys

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:07:16 GMT, Mr. Toad wrote:

Take my advice and stay away. Far, far
away.
Don't say we didn't warn you.

JC

Nice try, but housing prices are going to go even higher as more
people from the frozen East head for the Left Coast. Half my sailing
buddies here in Toronto are sick of hauling out for 5 1/2 months a
year figure the two days of snow in Vancouver sound pretty good,
although I understand someone has to die before a dock comes free
within 20 miles of the city.

R.