pmiller

Default 27' Carver Montego 1988

Hi Everyone;

I been looking for a first boat over the past couple years
Recently I had a post regarding buying a 32' Sundancer
as a first boat. I appricate all the input I recieved from this group. After
considering all the suggestions I decided not to get the Sea Ray.

I Have found another boat a 1988 Carver Montego
27' with a 10' beam and twin MerCruisers FWC.
Both out drives have also been rebuilt recently.

I am planning to wrap things up with a sea trial next week

Id like to ask the group what their feelings are regarding this boat in
general and as a first boat. The boat will be used exclusivly on the
Chesapeake Bay In the Annapolis MD Area.

Please let me know if there is anything I should be wary of with this year
and model.

Thanks again for all your help Im really looking forward to owning my first
boat after several years of looking.

Paul

Wayne.B

On Sat, 22 May 2004 17:59:12 -0400, "pmiller"
wrote:

Please let me know if there is anything I should be wary of with this year
and model.

Be sure to get a good hull and engine survey on ANY boat you are
considering. A good surveyor will also be able to answer your
question above. General trouble spots on all boats of that age and
genre are water/rot in the transom, stringers or deck; risers,
manifolds and heat exchangers on the engines.