pmiller

Default 1988 27' Carver Montego

Hi Everyone;

I been looking for a first boat over the past couple years
Recently I had a post regarding buying a 32' Sundancer
as a first boat. I appricate all the input I recieved from this group. After
considering all the suggestions I decided not to get the Sea Ray.

I Have found another boat a 1988 Carver Montego
27' with a 10' beam and twin MerCruisers FWC.
Both out drives have also been rebuilt recently.

I am planning to wrap things up with a sea trial next week

Id like to ask the group what their feelings are regarding this boat in
general and as a first boat. The boat will be used exclusivly on the
Chesapeake Bay In the Annapolis MD Area.

Please let me know if there is anything I should be wary of with this year
and model.

Thanks again for all your help Im really looking forward to owning my first
boat after several years of looking.

Paul

larry wald

well, my first boat was (still is) the 27' Montego. She is quite a big
boat. Personally I think a 27 Carver is a bit big for a first boat...I
would recommend a 22-24 footer.

Having said that I have not seen anything available new that can match
the layout of the Montego. It is just very well done inside.

Good luck with your decision!

Larry

(from someone who is still trying to figure out if he is having fun or not)