BoatBanter.com

-   -   Seaworthiness of Mac26 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10051-seaworthiness-mac26.html)

JAXAshby May 26th 04 12:31 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually got 2 MS Physics degrees from FSU (1985) first was coursework
masters next was thesis masters ("Free Electron Charging of Fine
Aerosol Particles"). MSEE was from University of Alabama Huntsville
(Spacecraft Charging). 'Course, I could still be stupid, academics
dont really count.

Jax, ya oughta be careful who ya call stupid afore you show yerself to
be.

parallax, you can't get an Electrical Engineering degree in physics any more
than you can get an Art History degree in Political Science. even jeffies
knows that.

JAXAshby May 26th 04 12:32 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other
trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually, just launched my first home built boat. It is a Stevenson
Projects Minicup 12' long like a large Sunfish. Not big but I am
proud of her since I have no woodworking skills and little attention
to detail. Second is about half way done. My Minicup, christened
"Tadpole" sailed so well I am afraid its illegal to have so much fun.

If I can build a boat, anybody can. I highly reccomend the Stevenson
projects boats just for fun.

parallax, you can't get an EE (Electrical Engineering degree) in physics.
even jeffies knows that.

Roy Jose Lorr May 26th 04 04:12 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Parallax wrote:

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other

trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually got 2 MS Physics degrees from FSU (1985) first was coursework
masters next was thesis masters ("Free Electron Charging of Fine
Aerosol Particles"). MSEE was from University of Alabama Huntsville
(Spacecraft Charging). 'Course, I could still be stupid, academics
dont really count.

Jax, ya oughta be careful who ya call stupid afore you show yerself to
be.

Some of the smartest people I know, people with all sorts
of degrees, are no less prone to making poor decisions or
careless pointless worthless obtuse stupid mistakes than
people with not one degree in hand.. In fact, academic
indoctrination tends to stupefy rather than enlighten.

Parallax May 26th 04 11:30 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Roy Jose Lorr wrote in message ...
Parallax wrote:

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other
trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually got 2 MS Physics degrees from FSU (1985) first was coursework
masters next was thesis masters ("Free Electron Charging of Fine
Aerosol Particles"). MSEE was from University of Alabama Huntsville
(Spacecraft Charging). 'Course, I could still be stupid, academics
dont really count.

Jax, ya oughta be careful who ya call stupid afore you show yerself to
be.

Some of the smartest people I know, people with all sorts
of degrees, are no less prone to making poor decisions or
careless pointless worthless obtuse stupid mistakes than
people with not one degree in hand.. In fact, academic
indoctrination tends to stupefy rather than enlighten.

Agreed. I actually have to apologize for even mentioning it but got
brain freeze from being called stupid by JAX. Normally, I'd rather
stay in redneck buffoon character so I can watch others make fools of
themselves trying to act superior.

JAXAshby May 27th 04 01:02 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics.

I actually have to apologize for even mentioning it but got
brain freeze from being called stupid by JAX.

dude, you ARE stupid for trying to claim you have an Electrical Engineering
degree in Physics.

Normally, I'd rather
stay in redneck buffoon character

you did not step out of character. In fact, you stayed completely in
character.

Parallax May 27th 04 02:43 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
parallax, you can't get an EE in physics.

I actually have to apologize for even mentioning it but got
brain freeze from being called stupid by JAX.

dude, you ARE stupid for trying to claim you have an Electrical Engineering
degree in Physics.

Normally, I'd rather
stay in redneck buffoon character

you did not step out of character. In fact, you stayed completely in
character.

Clearly JAX is incapable of reading. Ya know, whenevr ah thank o
yachtie ppl, I think of those dips in the mid-70s on TV that sang 'n
called themselves "Thu Captain 'n Tennile" Now, adjust yer cap'ns
hat, stick yr nose in thu ayr 'n go off in a huff.

Scott Vernon May 30th 04 07:34 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

good points.

SV

"Parallax" wrote ...

Any Mac owner is the victim of his own stupidity.
I cannot envision any possible excuse to buy one.