BoatBanter.com

-   -   Seaworthiness of Mac26 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10051-seaworthiness-mac26.html)

JAXAshby May 24th 04 11:50 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

The stability is unconditional for the yacht as designed

what a stupid thing to say, even for a two-huller bigot. no boat has stability
under all conditions. none.

Roy Jose Lorr May 24th 04 03:40 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Chris Newport wrote:

On Monday 24 May 2004 5:36 am in rec.boats.cruising Roy Jose Lorr wrote:

Chris Newport wrote:

On Sunday 23 May 2004 2:38 pm in rec.boats.cruising Roy Jose Lorr wrote:

Chris Newport wrote:

On Thursday 20 May 2004 12:15 pm in rec.boats.cruising Jeff Morris
wrote:

Poor, poor jaxie. Your post reeks of jealousy.

You still haven't given even a single example of a cruising cat
problem.

Just plonk the troll into your killfile, he is terminally clueless.
The existance of a few bad small cats is enough to condemn all
multihulls in his tiny mind despite the existance of cats which are
unconditionally stable.

"Unconditionally stable" is a term recognized
in maritime parlance as hyperbole.

Only by those who fail to understand the designs involved.
There are, of course, some deliberate design choices such as
a relatively short mast and sails which are calibrated to offload
dangerously high forces before the craft is in danger.

"Unconditional" is an absolute. No matter the design there
are always conditions such as in the ones you set up as
"deliberate design choices" (above).

Pedants R us.
The stability is unconditional for the yacht as designed (Wharram).

Have it your way.

Feeding the trolls is a bad idea.

First I gotta figgr out watta troll.

JAXAshby May 24th 04 03:50 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Feeding the trolls is a bad idea.

First I gotta figgr out watta troll.

ah, the ignoramous chris was just saying that anyone who does does not agree
with his totally ill-informed opinions has to be a troll. Not an uncommon
thought for someone like chris who couldn't graduate third grade in three
tries.

Also understand that chris drives training wheels on the water because his
"wife is afraid of the water".

Parallax May 25th 04 02:54 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Feeding the trolls is a bad idea.

First I gotta figgr out watta troll.

ah, the ignoramous chris was just saying that anyone who does does not agree
with his totally ill-informed opinions has to be a troll. Not an uncommon
thought for someone like chris who couldn't graduate third grade in three
tries.

Also understand that chris drives training wheels on the water because his
"wife is afraid of the water".

Y'all still arguin 'bout this? Even I've lost interest.

JAXAshby May 25th 04 03:36 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Y'all still arguin 'bout this? Even I've lost interest.

yeah, but you are twenty points under a three digit IQ.

Parallax May 25th 04 03:19 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Y'all still arguin 'bout this? Even I've lost interest.

yeah, but you are twenty points under a three digit IQ.

Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics, 6 patents,
numerous techie papers and ownership of a high tech company. I'll
admit I dont know too much bout boats although I have been sailing for
nearly 20 yrs, have built boats and installed engines in two.

JAXAshby May 25th 04 04:04 PM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other
trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Parallax May 26th 04 01:55 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other

trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually got 2 MS Physics degrees from FSU (1985) first was coursework
masters next was thesis masters ("Free Electron Charging of Fine
Aerosol Particles"). MSEE was from University of Alabama Huntsville
(Spacecraft Charging). 'Course, I could still be stupid, academics
dont really count.

Jax, ya oughta be careful who ya call stupid afore you show yerself to
be.

Parallax May 26th 04 02:01 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

(JAXAshby) wrote in message ...
Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other

trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually, just launched my first home built boat. It is a Stevenson
Projects Minicup 12' long like a large Sunfish. Not big but I am
proud of her since I have no woodworking skills and little attention
to detail. Second is about half way done. My Minicup, christened
"Tadpole" sailed so well I am afraid its illegal to have so much fun.

If I can build a boat, anybody can. I highly reccomend the Stevenson
projects boats just for fun.

Jere Lull May 26th 04 06:04 AM

Seaworthiness of Mac26

In article ,
(Parallax) wrote:

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
Well, I spose that 'splains my MS and EE in physics [snip a bunch of other

trash]

parallax, you can't get an EE in physics. even jeffies knows that.

Actually, just launched my first home built boat. It is a Stevenson
Projects Minicup 12' long like a large Sunfish. Not big but I am
proud of her since I have no woodworking skills and little attention
to detail. Second is about half way done. My Minicup, christened
"Tadpole" sailed so well I am afraid its illegal to have so much fun.

If I can build a boat, anybody can. I highly reccomend the Stevenson
projects boats just for fun.

Oh, you bring back memories! 20 years ago, I built a MiniCup, read a
book, then learned how to sail. It's a great boat for kids.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: