Ilv2sl

Default Wood options for outside hand rails

I need to replace the 4 - 68" teak handrails on the cabintop of our boat. I
need to make them myself as the size is not a stock size.
Does anyone have any sugestioins for a teak alternative?
I would like ideas of wood for painting as well as for varnish, cetol, etc. I
was thinking of Epi. Not sure how my router would like cutting them out. I hear
it's hard wood.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Cliff
Tom Hunter

Cliff,

I have 10 coats of epiphanes on white oak handrails that were also hand
made. They look nice and are very strong. White oak is also rot resistant.
It is fairly difficult to work with but any strong wood will be.

Black locust might work as well but I have no personal experience with it.

Tom Hunter