Default User servicable?

Adler Barbour refrigerator thermostat. Mine seems to have stopped regulating
temperature. The compressor just runs and runs until I turn it off using the
thermostat off position or breaker. The box still gets plenty cold and the
evaporator frosts up as usual. I used to be able to hear an audible click
when the box was cold when I turned the knob towards the off position. I no
longer hear this click.

There is a metal wire that attaches to the evaporator and runs to the
thermostat. Does this wire sense temperature through conduction or is it
filled with gas that does it by pressure changes? If gas filled could it
have leaked out?

Or is it more likely that something mechanical inside the thermostat has
become corroded and stuck?

Wilbur Hubbard

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message
Adler Barbour refrigerator thermostat. Mine seems to have stopped
regulating temperature. The compressor just runs and runs until I turn it
off using the thermostat off position or breaker. The box still gets
plenty cold and the evaporator frosts up as usual. I used to be able to
hear an audible click when the box was cold when I turned the knob towards
the off position. I no longer hear this click.

There is a metal wire that attaches to the evaporator and runs to the
thermostat. Does this wire sense temperature through conduction or is it
filled with gas that does it by pressure changes? If gas filled could it
have leaked out?

Or is it more likely that something mechanical inside the thermostat has
become corroded and stuck?

Wilbur Hubbard

Ooops! You chose the wrong signature again...

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:11:45 -0500, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

Adler Barbour refrigerator thermostat. Mine seems to have stopped regulating
temperature. The compressor just runs and runs until I turn it off using the
thermostat off position or breaker. The box still gets plenty cold and the
evaporator frosts up as usual. I used to be able to hear an audible click
when the box was cold when I turned the knob towards the off position. I no
longer hear this click.

There is a metal wire that attaches to the evaporator and runs to the
thermostat. Does this wire sense temperature through conduction or is it
filled with gas that does it by pressure changes? If gas filled could it
have leaked out?

Or is it more likely that something mechanical inside the thermostat has
become corroded and stuck?

Wilbur Hubbard

Ho, Ho, numbnuts you got your signature and your sending name mixed up
so now we can add ol' Gregory the kill files.
Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard

Ho, Ho, numbnuts you got your signature and your sending name mixed up
so now we can add ol' Gregory the kill files.
Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

Hey, Schweik was a good _soldier_ not a plumber, so better recheck (no pun
intended) your sig.

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:03:18 +0100, "Edgar"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard

Ho, Ho, numbnuts you got your signature and your sending name mixed up
so now we can add ol' Gregory the kill files.
Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

Hey, Schweik was a good _soldier_ not a plumber, so better recheck (no pun
intended) your sig.

Thanks.

You know you are the only one who has noticed. Says something about
someone, I guess
Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsoldierschweikatgmaildotcom)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:32:35 +0700, Good Solder Schweik
wrote:

Schwiek
(goodsolderschweikatgmaildotcom)

Hey, Schweik was a good _soldier_ not a plumber, so better recheck (no pun
intended) your sig.

Thanks.

You know you are the only one who has noticed. Says something about
someone, I guess
Cheers,

Schwiek
(goodsoldierschweikatgmaildotcom)

Everybody noticed except you, dumbass.

For the Eclectic User katy ASA 3 February 11th 07 09:45 PM
Monterey 180src. User manual???? AHB General 0 May 30th 06 09:56 AM
Sounder and Radar User Manuals bnix63 UK Power Boats 1 January 1st 05 10:16 PM
Sounder and Radar User Manuals bnix63 Electronics 0 December 28th 04 01:01 PM
Boat User Fees Unfair? Capt Lou General 3 December 11th 03 10:36 PM