Edgar Edgar is offline

Default User servicable?

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message
Adler Barbour refrigerator thermostat. Mine seems to have stopped
regulating temperature. The compressor just runs and runs until I turn it
off using the thermostat off position or breaker. The box still gets
plenty cold and the evaporator frosts up as usual. I used to be able to
hear an audible click when the box was cold when I turned the knob towards
the off position. I no longer hear this click.

There is a metal wire that attaches to the evaporator and runs to the
thermostat. Does this wire sense temperature through conduction or is it
filled with gas that does it by pressure changes? If gas filled could it
have leaked out?

Or is it more likely that something mechanical inside the thermostat has
become corroded and stuck?

Wilbur Hubbard

Ooops! You chose the wrong signature again...