Thomas

Default Here is a crewing opportunity for a girl in 2005!

I have a "state of the art", almost new, 54' Bermudan cutter - some photos
attached and see www.hylasyachts.com - 54' Raised Deck Saloon. This year, I
sailed from the UK to the Baltic and then down to Malta (6,000 sea miles)
where she will be based. Next year, I intend to cruise the Ionian and
Adriatic staring in April. During the Summer, friends and family (including
my Wife) will come out for a week or two at a time. Most likely, I will not
sail in August (ports etc. too crowded with the wrong people!) so that could
be free if you wish.

I normally take 1 girl crew - experience is not essential provided that you
are really interested in learning how to sail a modern "high-tech" boat and
prepared to do everything including maintenance, cooking etc. I expect
crew to be able to stand solo watches (I am always available!) after
instruction and to learn as much as possible about navigation
(Chart-plotters, GPS, Radar etc.) as well as general boat management. I
think that I can say with confidence that, after a full season aboard you
will know a lot more about sailing than most of the "so-called" qualified
yachtmasters going through the quickie courses!!

Why a girl crew? I have found, over the years, that, if they are good, they
are very good and much easier to live with than men!! You should be a
non-smoker, non-vegetarian or other special diet and I do not like tattoos
or body-piercing! Sea time is not too important but you should know that
you do not usually get seasick. I prefer quiet anchorages to busy marinas
so don't apply if you are a keen "clubber"!

I have owned six different boats over the years and have sailed many
thousands of miles including trans-Atlantic etc. I am a Yachtmaster etc.
and have done quite a lot of teaching as well as chartering and delivery.

You would have your basic travel expenses paid (Europe), receive "pocket
money" and all food and drink etc. would be paid.

If this is of interest please let me know and give me more details about
your age and education etc. - a photograph would be helpful too. Please do
not hesitate to ask any questions..............

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thomas

posted to alt.sailing.boats.crew
girlforthomas

Too bad you sound like a pompous jerk.

here is why:

Females are generally only called "girl" if they are young. Is that
what you are looking for, a young girl?

Non Vegitarian? Why, because that implies that your young girl not
have a brain or that she is not sophisticated enough to have an ethical
opinion.

"Much easier to live with than men! ", "a photograph would be helpful"
Dude, be honest. you want a young pliant girl who will blow you
when your wife is not around.

and you are going to put this poor person who probably has very little
training on solo watch while you sleep off a bender.

Maybe you should put your ad on one of the russian brides sites rather
than here