posted to rec.boats.building

Default Buster Boat Question

Hi all!

I have an older Buster boat (the larger model, two swivel seats, two
side seats). I want to re-run the wiring that goes from the rear
battery area to the front trolling motor area. I thought that if I
removed the gromets on each end, taped the new wire to the old wire,
that I would be able to pull the old wire through and voila! it would
be rewired. But, the wire won't budge, even without the grommets in
place. Does anybody know how re-wiring is typically done? And how did
they put the wire in place when they assembled the thing?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

for the best apology five dollars can buy visit www.ItsALLMY****ingFault.com
posted to rec.boats.building
Ike Ike is offline

Location: USA

On Oct 17, 9:39*pm, Iam Sorry wrote:
Hi all!

I have an older Buster boat (the larger model, two swivel seats, two
side seats). I want to re-run the wiring that goes from the rear
battery area to the front trolling motor area. I thought that if I
removed the gromets on each end, taped the new wire to the old wire,
that I would be able to pull the old wire through and voila! it would
be rewired. But, the wire won't budge, even without the grommets in
place. Does anybody know how re-wiring is typically done? And how did
they put the wire in place when they assembled the thing?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

for the best apology five dollars can buy visitwww.ItsALLMY****ingFault.com

Wiring is typically securely fastened to the boat every 18 inches or
less. That's probably why it won't budge.

Peter Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com

On Oct 28, 4:33*pm, Ike wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info Peter. But um...how then does one go about
replacing the wiring??? The boat seems to be pretty much all one
piece...what's the secret? How would a professional do it?

On Nov 8, 11:23*pm, Doug Boude wrote:
On Oct 28, 4:33*pm, Ike wrote:

[...]

piece...what's the secret? How would a professional do it?- Hide quoted text -

It really depends on the boat, but many builders use some sort of
conduit to run the wiring through. Some times you can use an
electricians snake to pull the wire through. Sometimes they put in
spare wires. Check a tool rental place and see if you can rent an
electrician's snake and run it through. Or you can call Buster Boats
and ask them. http://busterboats.com/

Buster Keaton goes boating...... Chuck Gould General 0 September 29th 07 10:13 PM
Fuzz Buster Joe ASA 5 September 18th 07 12:29 AM
Boat Question, can anyone help? Jason General 7 April 26th 06 05:22 PM
Our Boat is Here; now the question? Thom Stewart ASA 0 December 1st 05 09:16 PM
Surprising paradigm buster......... Gould 0738 Cruising 0 February 28th 04 04:04 AM