Jason

Default Boat Question, can anyone help?

Hey group,

I was given a boat by a fellow who didn't want to put any time in it to fix
it. But not knowing a heck of a lot about boats myself, I have a few
questions. Can anyone give me some info on the boat and motor (below)? Any
idea on year of boat and motor, HP ect? (haven't seen a title for it yet).

Boat: Jayhawk model J136 SER:90345
Motor: Johnson Electramatic V4AL-16D SER:J2463596

I was told the outboard was 75HP, but not sure.

Thanks!
Jason

Jason wrote:
: Hey group,

: I was given a boat by a fellow who didn't want to put any time in it to fix
: it. But not knowing a heck of a lot about boats myself, I have a few
: questions. Can anyone give me some info on the boat and motor (below)? Any
: idea on year of boat and motor, HP ect? (haven't seen a title for it yet).

: Boat: Jayhawk model J136 SER:90345
: Motor: Johnson Electramatic V4AL-16D SER:J2463596

: I was told the outboard was 75HP, but not sure.

: Thanks!
: Jason

Why should we do the google.com search for you?

Simply ender the name and models of the items you mentioned above and
search out the information on the internet.

b.
Jason

I already tried that. But thanks for being so kind, it's nice to know that a
newbe to boating can find that kind of help on a boat news group.

Thanks,
Jason
wrote in message
oups.com...
Jason wrote:
: Hey group,

: I was given a boat by a fellow who didn't want to put any time in it to
fix
: it. But not knowing a heck of a lot about boats myself, I have a few
: questions. Can anyone give me some info on the boat and motor (below)?
Any
: idea on year of boat and motor, HP ect? (haven't seen a title for it
yet).

: Boat: Jayhawk model J136 SER:90345
: Motor: Johnson Electramatic V4AL-16D SER:J2463596

: I was told the outboard was 75HP, but not sure.

: Thanks!
: Jason

Why should we do the google.com search for you?

Simply ender the name and models of the items you mentioned above and
search out the information on the internet.

b.

JohnH

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 02:28:45 GMT, "Jason" wrote:

I already tried that. But thanks for being so kind, it's nice to know that a
newbe to boating can find that kind of help on a boat news group.

Thanks,
Jason
wrote in message
roups.com...
Jason wrote:
: Hey group,

: I was given a boat by a fellow who didn't want to put any time in it to
fix
: it. But not knowing a heck of a lot about boats myself, I have a few
: questions. Can anyone give me some info on the boat and motor (below)?
Any
: idea on year of boat and motor, HP ect? (haven't seen a title for it
yet).

: Boat: Jayhawk model J136 SER:90345
: Motor: Johnson Electramatic V4AL-16D SER:J2463596

: I was told the outboard was 75HP, but not sure.

: Thanks!
: Jason

Try this site for some info on the engine.

http://forums.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb...;f=28;t=027808

If nothing else, there seem to be some folks there who've heard of it!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Real old motor... So what's the problem with it?

Jim Gemmill

It's real old!
wrote in message
ps.com...
Real old motor... So what's the problem with it?

Jason

Thanks to those who have tried to help out. I did some more research with
the info you all have given me, and it looks like the motor is either a 1963
or 1964, and it actually still runs quite well. The boat on the other-hand
is in rough shape, and will require some extensive restoration work. Do you
guys think the boat came with this motor? I wonder if the boat is as old as
the motor is. It seems very hard to find any information on the boat its
self. And I still haven't seen a title yet. I'm starting to wonder if the
guy even has one.

Thanks,
Jason
"Jim Gemmill" wrote in message
It's real old!
wrote in message
ps.com...
Real old motor... So what's the problem with it?

Listen its possible...

As for fixing the boat.... If you LOVE the look of
the boat and want it, fix it. Its a great learning
experience.

If you are just looking forward to go out on the
water and fish, ski etc. You can get a better
boat with less work needed.

Sad to say, some boats are SO badly damaged
from the elements it doesnt become worth it because
just for the cost of the materials and time to fix it
you can get something MUCH better.