posted to rec.boats.building

Default Interior partition material needed

On Oct 2, 4:34 pm, "Jimjamie" wrote:
I've installed a head in a lobster boat. Now I want to enclose it.
What should I use for the 'studs'?
Wood 2x3 tends to warp. Does someone make a vinyl stud about 1.5 x1.5 or so?
I was going to use a 3/4 birch veneer plywood w/o studs but thought I could
reduce weight by using a thin plastic veneer over a stud frame.

just use the ply with the a face out. throw up some 1/4 foam core and
glass the thing. the out side will look nice and you can gel coat the
inside to any thing you want. best make darn sure you got no leaks
however.