Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default RM@30 from RM@1

Just verifying my standing rigging specs before approving my order and need
someone to confirm my calculations. All the formulas I have found for
standing rigging loads are based on RM@30 but all I have is RM@1. The
formula for RM is RM=Displacement*GM* SIN but I don't have the metacenter
height (GM) either so working backwards;
RM/GM=Displacement*SIN
therefore (I hated that word in 10 grade algebra)
GM= RM/Displacement*SIN
Substituting:
GM=1952/24,400*.01745
GM=4.58