posted to rec.boats.building

Default Boat graveyards in the UK

Hi all,
does anyone know if there is the equivalent of a boat scrapyard in
the UK (prefereably in the southwest)? I need stacks of stuff like
pumps, portholes, roof vents and a multitude of nicknacks that will
seriously break the bank if I have to buy them all at chandlery
prices.

thanks in advance.

Jim Potter
UK
posted to rec.boats.building

Jim,
I can safely say that there are no such animals worth looking at ANYWHERE in
the UK. When you find used stuff it is either very expensive or worthless.
There are several places in the states that are much better, especially with
the current exchange rate.
Steve

wrote in message
Hi all,
does anyone know if there is the equivalent of a boat scrapyard in
the UK (prefereably in the southwest)? I need stacks of stuff like
pumps, portholes, roof vents and a multitude of nicknacks that will
seriously break the bank if I have to buy them all at chandlery
prices.

thanks in advance.

Jim Potter
UK

posted to rec.boats.building

Your best bet may be the (seemingly) frequent 'jumbles' that seem to
happen throughout the UK and are advertised (promoted) well in advance
in publications like Practical Boat Owner.

MW
Los Angeles
posted to rec.boats.building

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply - so can you give me any tips where to look
in the US (I'm pretty much limited to nternet sites due to boat not
being quite up to crossing the atlantic yet)? I've trawled ebay and
not found much...

cheers

Jim

wrote in message
Hi all,
does anyone know if there is the equivalent of a boat scrapyard in
the UK (prefereably in the southwest)? I need stacks of stuff like
pumps, portholes, roof vents and a multitude of nicknacks that will
seriously break the bank if I have to buy them all at chandlery
prices.

thanks in advance.

Jim Potter
UK

posted to rec.boats.building
CS CS is offline

On 18 Jul, 09:40, "
wrote:
Hi all,
* does anyone know if there is the equivalent of a boat scrapyard in
the UK (prefereably in the southwest)? I need stacks of stuff like
pumps, portholes, roof vents and a multitude of nicknacks that will
seriously break the bank if I have to buy them all at chandlery
prices.

Macsalvor?? or something in Falmouth
Harry Pounds in Portsmouth

posted to rec.boats.building