posted to rec.boats.building

Default Cruising Alaska

I have crossed the Gulf of Alaska 43 times. From Seattle to Dutch
Harbor, and Seattle to King Cove. The scariest time was in a 50 foot
Purse Seiner on its maiden voyage. It was just purchased by the
Captain/Owner who I fished for that season in King Cove. Since I am
old now, and only want to cruise without surprises, death and
dismemberment, I suggest the inside passage, all the way to, but not
including Dixon Entrance.
There are more places than one could see in a lifetime. You are close
enough to civilization to get help. I have seen many things in Alaska,
that people in the lower 48 will never see. But the Inside Passage was
always the highlight.
In scuba diving, the first 45 feet underwater have the most things to
see. I think the first part of the trip, up the inside, also has 80%
of the good stuff.
But there are many that disagree. Alaska is the one place left one can
find freedom without a safety net.

tomdownard wrote:
[...]

Whats the best way to go to Sitka? Follow the ferry route?
Thanks
Gordon

SOT kayaking in Alaska? Sonof Ravenson General 4 May 27th 06 03:41 AM
Sea kayaking In alaska [email protected] General 1 June 16th 05 07:15 PM
North to Alaska dw Cruising 9 September 16th 04 05:01 PM
Sea Raven - Ten Years of Cruising Logs from Alaska to Panama Truelove39 Cruising 3 June 7th 04 06:21 PM
Alaska on my mind Anne Cruising 15 May 11th 04 04:11 AM