posted to rec.boats.building

Default Volvo 230 B and 275 sterndrive

Let me start by saying Howdy! I知 new here so ya値l are gonna have to
bear with me if I sound a bit stupid. I have just recently
aquired my "new" boat and this is my first inboard/sterndrive setup.
It痴 a 1989 Volvo 2.3L (230B) with a 275 stern drive and I知 VERY
unfamiliar with this mess. For starters I need to know if the
seawater pump on the front of the engine is the only impeller that
requires replacement or is there one in the outdrive. Also, I壇
really like to do away with the points on this engine and go
electronic. Does anyone recommend where to get these parts? Most of
my experience is with outboards so I知 a little naive when it comes to
this stuff. :? Thank you and I知 sure I値l have more questions
later.

BMW sterndrive Grant General 9 February 24th 07 05:51 PM
AD: Sterndrive Engineering Sterndrive Engineering General 0 January 3rd 05 11:58 PM
OMC Sterndrive Noel General 2 August 9th 04 10:56 PM
'97 Volvo Penta SX Cobra Sterndrive any good? GPRVET General 1 March 7th 04 02:15 PM
OMC Sterndrive: Everything locked up Los Faines de Alameda UK Power Boats 0 July 28th 03 06:34 AM