Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Racing the MiniCup

Tried racing my MiniCup today against a bunch of Puffins with no
success. The race was held in a series of canals so the wind was
extremely fluky. I had trouble tellign when the lateen sail was
trimmed properly. My boat had trouble starting in any wind but whn
she got going she would do well and start to catch up, however, teh
fluky winds meant I stayed well behind.
They held the race in the canals because they said there was too much
wind but I know my MiniCup would have done far better in higher wind.
I think she needs about 12-15 kts to do well. The canals also meant a
ridiculous amount of tacking and I had trouble with this not being
able to tell when my sail was drawing. This was a really poor showing
for the MiniCup when I really think that she should do better.