Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Deck Re-coring on an Oldie

Folks, a buddy is considering a late-sixties Triton with a really soft
fore deck and side decks. He's trying to get a rough idea of cost/
time to have some yard do it, and I'll appreciate any information or
experience you might be able to share. Its the plywood core that's
bad, and I know that the pro's like to get at the problem from above,
rather than fm below. (I guess they're comfortable with the re-
finishing task, while us amateurs are scared off by the prospect.)

Related to this, am I right in recalling that someone makes/sells some
stuff for this job by the square foot? Any info? Thanks, all.

AS