posted to rec.boats.building

Default Need Classic boat construction Information

Hi All,

A friend and I are embarking on a challenging project. We are going to
build a Classic 19" Chris Craft barrel back runabout. I have plans for the
boat frame but need a little more information on construction.

My background in wood working is extensive as I make my living in fine
woodworking. I have built a very nice driftboat and have built two pilot
houses on 100' plus yachts.

I have searched the net but have found little information on specific
techniques.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Tom in Oregon

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Tom in Oregon wrote:
Hi All,

A friend and I are embarking on a challenging project. We are going to
build a Classic 19" Chris Craft barrel back runabout. I have plans for the
boat frame but need a little more information on construction.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Tom in Oregon

Hi Tom:

Have you simply walked around a few of the yards. Seems as though I've
seen at leat one shoved off to one side with anatomy exposed and
covered in blackberries. Rocky Creek Marina and that neighborhood may
prove fruitfull.
bob in Oregon

On 26 Dec 2006 17:23:09 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

Tom in Oregon wrote:
Hi All,

A friend and I are embarking on a challenging project. We are going to
build a Classic 19" Chris Craft barrel back runabout. I have plans for the
boat frame but need a little more information on construction.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Get How to Restore Your Runabout by Dan Danenburg