posted to rec.boats.building

Default Follow up to Head Posting ...

Ok,, after all the very good advice and info, along with some internet
research, I have decided to take the old head out at least for the time
being.

I have way too many more important projects for spring.

I did some searching and found two or three outdoor, camping, supply stores
that sell head seats, etc.

I also read and re-read the regs. The head can not be attached to the boat.
As long as it isn't attached, it is a porta potti, or just a bucket.

One thought though. Sitting on an unattached bucket could be dangerous. If
the boat moved, or I moved, the bucket could go over and KaSplash, KaBoom,
bad back, etc.

Any ideas on making the "bucket" safe to sit on? My first thought was to
enlarge the base somehow.

Another thought :: this is a little deeper... The old head is basically
made up of a pump, hose, head, etc. Do you think I could take the
head ( toilet ) part of the head apart from the pump? This way I could use
the pump to get water from the ocean.

If I keep the pump working, with a line to the sea-cock, I theoretically
could pump water into my bucket. Or, porta potti.

Anybody taken one of these old heads apart and used just the pump?

So,, what we ( you and me ) are trying to do is come up with a "get through
the season without going to jail" bucket for head on a small sailboat.
Obviously, just the bucket will do but I figured I'm not the first one who
just does not have the time, money, or whatever and wants to use the boat
for the season..

Bucket, head, pump, ...

??? what do ya say

posted to rec.boats.building

Do it the way the army does it, with plastic baggies and ammo boxes.

The "Groover" head is named after the groove it leaves in your
backside.

On excercise and in the Grand Canyon on rafting excursions of a few
days, it's one legal way to do it.

'course, you then have to pack it to a disposal site.

Terry K

posted to rec.boats.building

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNUSE...QQcmdZViewItem