posted to rec.boats.building

Default Rudder needed For C&C 24

I am in need of a rudder for a 24 foot C&C. It is about 17" wide by some 70" tall. This is of course an outboard rudder. Anyone have something lying around they want to sell?

John
posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Jim is offline

John Cassara wrote:
I am in need of a rudder for a 24 foot C&C. It is about 17" wide by some
70" tall. This is of course an outboard rudder. Anyone have something
lying around they want to sell?

John

There used to be a company in Costa Mesa, California who bought up all
the rudder molds and made replacements. Foss Foam, or something that
sounds similar.

A google search turns up www.Newrudders.com

Welcome to Foss Foam's rudder replacement website. Foss Foam Products is
your source for a better-than-new replacement rudder for your sailboat.
Even if you don't have your original rudder, chances are we have the
specifications, or an original mold for your make and model of boat. We
have built an extensive library of rudder information over the years.
Call today to learn how we can help you get back on the water.
352-529-1104

You could make one out of wood and glass it. But it will cost you more.

posted to rec.boats.building

Thanks for the info..........I called Foss. They don't have C&C molds nor
can they produce the rudder. They would attempt to find a near match in
another design. There pricing is good but still more expensive than I
intended to spend. I am hoping to find a used rudder that can be modified to
fit my boat.

John

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
John Cassara wrote:
[...]

There are a couple of pretty active C&V groups up here in Canada. You
might try WWW.CNCphotoalbum.com for a start. It's a pretty extenisve
site dedicated to C&Cs and you might be able to pick up some good
contacts. If all else fails, someone should eb able to measure their
rudder and you can build one from plywood and glass.

Matt
John Cassara wrote:
Thanks for the info..........I called Foss. They don't have C&C molds nor
can they produce the rudder. They would attempt to find a near match in
another design. There pricing is good but still more expensive than I
intended to spend. I am hoping to find a used rudder that can be modified to
fit my boat.

John

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
John Cassara wrote:
[...]

Weed-Free Rudder Strategies? (PeteCresswell) General 3 July 8th 06 04:37 AM
add a rudder to a kayak? Argo General 89 December 8th 05 03:17 AM
Prop aperture Brian Cleverly Boat Building 14 July 18th 05 08:07 PM
B&G Pilot rudder position calibration Larry W4CSC Electronics 0 April 26th 05 10:59 PM
push vs pull vis a vis rudders JAXAshby Cruising 146 April 2nd 04 01:57 PM