posted to rec.boats.building

Default World Cruisers?

I'd like a boat that i could spend a few years sailing around the world
in. I was thinking about buying a 30' Beneteau 305. Would that be good
enough, or should I get something a bit bigger?

Thanks

Dwight Waterman wrote:
I'd like a boat that i could spend a few years sailing around the world
in. I was thinking about buying a 30' Beneteau 305. Would that be good
enough, or should I get something a bit bigger?

Thanks

I would be more inclined to look at something built by Pacific
Seacraft or, if your not in a hurry, a Westsail. But thats just my
opinion. How heavy a boat one needs would also be determined by the route.

"Dwight Waterman" wrote in message
newsUKKg.3564$0k7.2785@clgrps13...
I'd like a boat that i could spend a few years sailing around the world
in. I was thinking about buying a 30' Beneteau 305. Would that be good
enough, or should I get something a bit bigger?

30' is big enough, but many experienced yachtsmen take the view that
Beneteau do not build for heavy long term use, but more for a couple of
weeks at a time in the summer in the Med. You see a lot of Beneteaux in the
Sth of France and all over the Med. You see far fewer in Northern Europe,
even in French waters.

Tim w

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Whatmeworry wrote:
Dwight Waterman wrote:
I'd like a boat that i could spend a few years sailing around the world
in. I was thinking about buying a 30' Beneteau 305. Would that be good
enough, or should I get something a bit bigger?

Thanks

I saw a guy go over Niagara Falls in a barrel and somebody else row
across the Atlantic in an open boat.

How big are your balls?

Kinda of a stupid question. Go with the boat that you fell will make
it. Personally, I prefer 11/2" glass at the water line and about
25,000+ lbs under 41'.

But that is just where I feel comfortable.

Start reading and go to:

http://www.mahina.com/boats.html

Amerika is Always at War jlrogers ASA 2 November 4th 05 10:20 PM
Rev.Moon and True World Marine Harry Krause General 17 August 15th 05 09:24 PM
The Router World Challenge VirtualTransat Power Boat Racing 0 November 6th 03 09:55 AM
The Router World Challenge VirtualTransat General 0 November 6th 03 09:48 AM