posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Jim is offline

Default Tom Colvin's Tamarack schooner

I'm looking at a Tamarack schooner, possibly to buy as a project boat.
It's a mess, but the steel hull and superstructure are surprisingly
free of rust, and the rigging is, well, all there. I would love to gut
the hull and rebuild a functional and basic interior of white bulkheads
and, say, cypress trim. It wouldn't be for everyone, but it would be my
kind of boat, strictly a romantic indulgence straight out of
"Adventures in Paradise."

I accept the Tamarack is a shoal-draft boat, and I have no problem with
that. However, I look at the stubby keel and all that rigging aloft and
wonder about the stability. Does anyone have any experience with or
knowledge of this design to share? I don't foresee crossing oceans, but
I do require seaworthiness, and I might cross a gulf or two.

Thanks