Wayne.B

Default A bit of inspiration anyone?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:03:42 -0400, dale austin
wrote:

Got back from a trip East last week. Managed a day in Mystic,
Connecticut. Here are some shots from the trip:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mrwiz...ic/mystic.html

======================================

Thanks for sharing. One of the little known secrets of the Mystic
Seaport Museum is that you can dock your boat there overnight, space
permitting. As part of the deal you get the run of the grounds after
all the tourists have gone home. Walking through the vilage at night
among the square riggers and schooners, it's very easy to imagine that
you are back in the 1800s again.
Stephen Baker

DSK says:

That's a very cool boat,

Thanks ;-)

Is the boat in Zeeland going to have the canoe stern?

Yes, definitely. It has the right look to it, for me as well as for the owner,
and it makes reversing into/out of tight berths soooo much easier...

Steve
Stephen Baker

Jim Conlin says:

The not-on-display collection is stunning in its quality and
diversity.

And, as you say, by far the best part of the museum. I get to go in there from
time to time, and have never come out thinking "yeah, same old same old...".
Always something I never noticed before.
Now if I could only get my own key. ;-)

Steve
Stephen Baker

Wayne B says:

Docking there for the night is almost that good. You get a card key
for the outside gate if my memory is correct.

Assuming you have a boat to dock there ;-)
Also, I don't think your card-key will get you into the storage sheds ;-(

Steve