The Count

Default H28

Anybody know the name of the compnay in Florida (I think) that sells the
H28 hull?

Thanks
Steve

The Count wrote:
Anybody know the name of the compnay in Florida (I think) that sells the
H28 hull?

The H28 is a Herreshoff (sp?) design and any individual or company
building the H28 would have have license or permission to do so. I doubt
that the Herreshoff family has released this once popular design to the
public domain.

You could contact the Herreshoff Museum
(http://www.herreshoff.org/Tops/indextop.html ) and ask them if they
know of any company building this hull.

Trivia time: Back in the '60s Cheoy Lee built the fiberglass "Bermuda
30" which I understood to be a slightly enlarged H28.

My opinion and thoughts, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions
Ian & Joc Byrd

The H28 plans and design were not owned by Herreschoff. After design by L
Francis, They were bought by " Rudder Publishing Company"for a one off fee
and made available for $25 to encourage amateur boatbuilding.( ref Boating
NZ April 2004) Wouldn't happen today! There are many GRP H28s in New
Zealand, Compass Yachts made over 350 in the 70s, most of which still
survive. Their design has slightly more freeboard than the original and
includes a doghouse to increase headroom. Mostly available for under $NZ
30,000 happy to supply pictures if that will assist
"Steve" wrote in message
The Count wrote:
Anybody know the name of the compnay in Florida (I think) that sells the
H28 hull?

The H28 is a Herreshoff (sp?) design and any individual or company
building the H28 would have have license or permission to do so. I doubt
that the Herreshoff family has released this once popular design to the
public domain.

You could contact the Herreshoff Museum
(http://www.herreshoff.org/Tops/indextop.html ) and ask them if they
know of any company building this hull.

Trivia time: Back in the '60s Cheoy Lee built the fiberglass "Bermuda
30" which I understood to be a slightly enlarged H28.

My opinion and thoughts, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Terry Spragg

The Count wrote:
Anybody know the name of the compnay in Florida (I think) that sells the
H28 hull?

Thanks

Hinterhoeller 28? I had one called "The Penny Louise". Very heavy
built f/g cutaway half keel with encaspsulated lead ballast. Wood
cockpit coaming and mainly wood interior. 6' headroom. Mine was
originally sold to "Mr. Henrey Ford" for "one dollar and other
valuable consideration." with no engine at that time (1967). I
replaced the shaft log in about '94. Vandals burned her the next
year, on april 1.

Alberg made a similar design in Godderich Ontario, I think.

I can send a picture of her on the hard if you like.

Remove "nospam" from addy to mail.

Terry K

Ron Magen

Try doing a Google search . . . also try 'Fish Class', 'Dough Dish', and
'Bullseye'.

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop