posted to rec.boats.building

Default Aluminum Boat Project F/S - $8K

Saw this on Seattle Craigslist - thought someone on this list may be
interested.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/185059427.html

From the listing:

I have a 25' Aluminum Cabin Cruiser that I have started to build. The
design came from Ken Hutchinson online boat designs. It's called the
"Coastal Cruiser". I have the hull 90% completed with approx. 90% of the
interior welded. I am just starting to weld the outside. There are two
more pieces to install on the hull plus two stern pieces. I was going to
install these remaining pieces after the hull is turned upright.(it is
currently being built upside down on a 2"X6" wood jig). I have run out
of time to complete this project and must sell it. I have over $8500. in
material (with all receipts)invested plus numerous hours of fitting and
welding. I will sell this boat to someone else who wants a project for
$8000. cash which includes any excess material (I have quite a bit of
1/2" plate left)and all prints and full size design if you would like to
do another later. I also have all the tools needed to complete this job
if you are interested, such as a Millermatic 210 welder with aluminum
spool gun AND wire gun for steel plus one gas cylinder, compressor,
Makita 5" grinder, chain falls, etc. These would be at an additional
cost to be negotiated but very reasonable as I will really no longer
need them. All material is new 3/16" plate for shell, 1/4" framing and
stern, and 1/2" keel plate. If you are a welder and would like to finish
this project it will be a beautiful boat when done. You may outfit it as
you like and can build the cabin to suit your needs. If interested call
360-668-1533 or email me at lan_eli_AT_comcast.net for details and pics.

this is in or around Clearview